~Chapter 22~

"I honestly don't see anything wrong with you..." The doctor said. I had no clue where they had taken Peter.

"I can't explain it sir..." I said simply.

"Is she healthy enough for me to sell?" The main guy, who's name was Droriin asked.

The doctor motioned to him, thinking they were out of earshot.

"Physically she's in great shape... I don't know about mentally though."

I glared at him. 

Mentally... I was fine...

"I think this disease is of the mind..."

"But she was coughing the whole way... And she threw up... Twice."

The second time was because after the first time my stomach was uneasy.

"Again sir... I think it's all in her head." The doctor said.

"So, she's well enough to sell."

The doctor nodded.

"Great." He smiled as he walked over and pulled me to my feet. He pushed me through the door of the shack and into a house. Pushing me into the basement, locking the door behind me.

"Peter?" I called.

"Vy." He sounded relieved. I ran down the steps and hugged him.

"What happened?" He asked pulling away.

"Well, I am mentally ill." I smiled, touching the fresh scar on his right cheekbone.

"I know but what happened."

I rolled my eyes as I pushed him. "They're gonna sell me too."

"So we need to get out of here...... It looks like the only way out is that door..." Peter said.

I shook my head as I walked to one of the brick walls and stared walking along them.

"You need to think out of the box my king..." I mumbled.

"Found it." I smiled, kneeling down next to the drainage grate. "this is our way out..."

Peter walked over and crouched down next to me. "Why?" He asked.

"Because it leads to the sewers... We can get out that way." I said.

"But what about them? They'll be on us minutes after they realize we're gone."

"Not if we reach Tashbaan first." I said.

"You got a point..." He mumbled.

"I saw a bunch of ale and wine up there... If we wait a few hours till they're drunk we can make our escape..."

Peter nodded as I walked to the wall, facing the stairs and slid down it, sitting on the cold floor.

He soon joined me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"This is my fault..." He started, "You wanted your father to come... Some sort of protection... If he and Oreius had come we could have taken them..."

"Don't blame yourself..." I mumbled.

"You should sleep... I'll keep watch." Peter said.

I deiced to appease him and I closed my eyes, keeping my head on his shoulder.

I actually did fall asleep. When I woke up a few hours later judging by the cracks in the foundation it was still night out. Peter was sleeping too. I shook him awake as I walked over to the grate. He rubbed his eyes and joined me.