~Chapter 38~

"AAGHHHHHH!" I let out a cry in agony as Esme put the cloth in my mouth to bite on.

"I'm sorry my lady but I have to clean the wound..." Esme mumbled.

"What... What happened?" I gasped taking the cloth out of my mouth.

"I would ask you the same thing?" She said.

"We... we were raiding the castle... So, Narnia can be free again." I winced as I felt more pressure in my side letting out another yell.

"You were always one to tell Prince Caspian about those stories my lady." I could hear Esme smile.

"And you know that they're no stories."

I looked down and the large gash, blood slowly staining my shirt. I rolled my eyes as I laid back down, feeling pain ebbing through my body.

"I need to get Doctor Calonin I don't know all that much about treating wounds." She said looking at me, removing blood stained cloths from my side.

"Fine... But don't get caught..."

"Just hang in there my lady." She said as I heard the door open then close.

I took deep breaths before looking down, seeing my blood-stained shirt torn open at my stomach. It wasn't long before I heard the door open again.

"Lady Vyla, this is not how I imagined us seeing each other again." I heard the voice of the man.

"Good to see you too." I chuckled.

"Caught in the crossfire I see. That was some massacre out there..." Calonin mumbled.

"Yeah let's go with that." I winced as he poured something wet and cold into my wound.

"Well... I'm glad I have at least one live patient... I'm not going to lie... this is going to hurt."

I saw the older man with greying brown hair nod to Esme. She held my shoulders as she put another cloth in my mouth.

I felt something sharp go into my somewhat numbed skin. I screamed into the cloth as I closed my eyes.

Then just as soon as it started Calonin was saying, "Almost done." I let out a breath.

Esme took the cloth out of my mouth and I saw her face came into view through the tears in my eyes.

"You'll live..." She smiled. "Tell me about your husband... and and your son... You mentioned your son once."

I smiled. "My... My husband is kind and just... When he doesn't let things go to his head..." I smiled, breathing quickly. Every movement felt like agony. "And and my son..." I winced. "Robin, he was just like his father."

Esme nodded dabbing my forehead with a cloth before walking out of my view.

"Now I have to stitch it up..." Calonin said. "Esme, can you help in case it starts to bleed again?"

Esme put another cloth in my mouth but I didn't have her bracing me.

"Want me to count?" She asked.

"No. Just do it." I mumbled.

Then I let out a scream as I felt Calonin start to sew up my wound.

"Breath Vy." Esme said frantically.

"It should heal... just be careful." Calonin said. I wasn't sure how reassuring it was though. Pain ebbed through my whole body as he started to wrap it.

"You did wonderful my lady." Esme brushed hair off my face.

"It'll take time to heal." Calonin replied.

"I am indebted to you both." I said.

"Long live Prince Caspian and Aslan..." Calonin mumbled.

"Long live Prince Caspian and Aslan." Esme said in response.

"You shouldn't talk like that here..." I said.

"Everyone knows Miraz is a wicked man... Just most are too scared to fight against him." Esme smiled.

"You better get out of here... I don't want you arrested for me."

Calonin nodded before digging in his bag. "If the pain become unbearable. Take this... Will put you right to sleep. I'm sorry I can't do more."

I took the small bottle. "You've done more than enough." I smiled.