~Chapter 49~

I saddled my horse preparing for the journey east to meet up with Tirian. Roonwit the Centaur gave the orders to assemble. Although I was old in Narnian age. I was still as spry as a twenty-two-year-old should be. I climbed into my horse's saddle and looked at Pippin.

"You sure you don't want me to join you?" Pippin asked handing me the sword of my father.

I smiled. "They need you here... If we need you I'll send for you... I love you." I said.

I kissed my fingers and touched his face, looking at his sandy blonde curly mop of hair.

"Your father would be so proud of you... I wish he could have been here to see you." I smiled.

"You best be off." Pippin smiled. I nodded and gave my horse a kick to meet up with the small army.

Then all of a sudden, I heard clamoring and saw soldiers running from the woods. Calormen.

I wasn't able to ride because my horse was shot with an arrow. I scrambled to my feet pulling my sword from my scabbard.

I killed one of the soldiers but there were more. Charging right at me.

Then I saw two fall, killed by arrows.

I looked back and saw Pippin, bow drawn.

I smiled as we charged the few Calormen. I killed a few before I felt a sharp pain in my side, I brought my hand to my side and saw the blood. It was a deep gash, deeper than any I'd felt.

"Mom." I heard Pippin faintly as I fell backwards. He caught me and laid me carefully on the ground.

"Pip?" I mumbled.

I felt him let go of me, heard a whizzing and another yell before I found his fingers. And I held his hand as I closed my eyes.