Chapter 46 - Provoking the traitor

Sayaka

I was just sitting alone in a dark corner, watching the fake Anastasia and Callissa or I should just call them by their true name, Annika and Calliope. Seriously, the Clemence and Devereux family is so fixated with the letters A and C. Magkakatunog lang ang mga pangalan nila. From Tita Amanda, Tita Ayana, Anastasia, Amelian and now Annika. Sina Callissa at Calliope din. I believe the A and A are from the Clemence and the C or Calli thing came from Devereux. Tita Ayana's name should have a Calli somewhere.

To think that almost all of them especially the girls look alike. They literally define the phrase "pinagbiyak na bunga". Pwede na nga siguro silang maging shadow clone jutsu or whatever ng bawat isa.

Both Annika and Calliope was talking with the other nobles and the elders. Parang mga tuta ang mga gurang na ito at parating nakasunod sa kanilang dalawa. Nang maglakad ulit sila ay tumayo ako saka lumipat ng pagtataguan. Because I'm a member of the Devereux Crest and Clemence league, I should do my duty, to protect the two.

I sigh, first I babysitted Ana and Calli, now Annika and Calliope. I'm stuck with these family, not that I have a problem with them but they all look 'trouble' for me. These four kids are bad luck to me.

"Bakit hindi mo sinabi sa akin" napatingin ako sa tabi ko. It was Seth and he looks like he is not in the mood. Mukhang nag-usap na sila ni Ana. "10 years Sayaka" dagdag pa niya na ikinabuntong hininga ko.

"10 years ago Seth, they were 8 and I was just 12. Ano sa tingin mo ang magagawa ng isang 12 years old na bata. I was young and didn't know what to do. Ang nasa isip ko lang noon ay ang protektahan sila at gabayan and I think I succeeded on that part. I don't want them to get involved in a war at such a young age." I sighed deeply. Dati ipinilit ko ang sarili ko na pumasok sa isang laban sa murang edad and look where it brought me. Pain, trauma and regret. Kaya ayaw kong masali sila sa isang laban sa murang edad.

"Look, they mean so much  to me. Kapatid na ang turing ko sa kanila at kaya kong gawin lahat, maprotektahan lang sila." I said. Biglang umamo ang mukha niya at napabuntong hininga. He even held my right hand.

"I'm sorry, I was just mad that  I didn't get to protect my own sister." Aniya.

"I understand"

"It must have been so hard for you, taking care of them in such a young age" sabi pa niya. I chuckled so he looked at me confusedly.

"Well, technically no. It was me, Ate Margareth, Kuya Hans and Tita Reine who took care of them."

"Professor Bremmer and Professor Griffith and also Tita Reine?" he asked and I nodded. Medyo napanganga pa siya kaya natawa ako ng mahina. " Bakit hindi mo ako sinabihan?" sabi pa niya at mukha siyang natalo sa isang laban.

"You are so loyal to Tita Amanda Seth, baka sabihin mo pa sa kanya saka please stop with your sister complex. You love your sisters so much its becoming toxic, especially to Amelia" sabi ko pa. Sinamaan niya naman ako ng tingin.

"I am not..... but is it really bad?" napailing nalang ako sa kanya. He denied and then asked if its really bad? I didn't know he has this cute side.

"Not really but lessen it, Amelia is scared of you because of that" he sigh and nodded. "Okay. Anyway, binabantayan mo ang dalawa?" tumango ako.

"Thank you for taking care of my two cousins, it's very dangerous especially for them but this is a great plan actually. We will make sure Hostina will be punished if we gather enough evidences and the other noble family involved"

"Sinabi mo ba ang tungkol sa kanila kay Tita Amanda?" tanong ko sa kanya. Umiling siya kaya medyo nakahinga ako ng maluwag. Ayaw na muna namin na sabihin kay Tita Amanda ang lahat. All she knows is that Annika and Calliope is here for the black meisters. Those two, we will use their plan to expose the traitors. Hindi din alam ng dalawa kaya mas okay, if they didn't know, their acting will be natural towards the noble families.