Chapter 2

Harry's POV

I paced down the hallway, legs unsure on where to take me. 

"Harry!" A voice called. I ignored it, just trying to find a way out of this hell hold. "Harry!" The voice said louder. Soon enough, footsteps approached, closer and closer. "Harry!" A hand fell on my shoulder. She doesn't remember. Not one bit. The day I told her my true feelings...

"What do you want Lou?!" I practically yelled. Louis flinched. "What do you want?" I said softer. My back made contact with the wall beside me. I sunk to the floor. 

"Harry...everything is gonna be alright. Don't give up just yet. She loves you" Louis read my mind. 

"Any relationships? Boyfriends?" Dr. Steven asked Lexi. She shook her head.

"Nope. I've been single for almost two years now..." She said confidently. Right then and there, my heart shattered. Liam tried telling me something, but I had spaced out. Instead of doing what I should've done, which was stay in the room, I walked out without a word.

"It took me a year to get her, after I realised I love her, Lou. A year. I don't think I wanna go through another one. I don't wanna have to see her right in front of me and not be able to kiss her and hold her in my arms. Don't you dare say everything will be alreigh because its not!" My hands ran through my curls, frustrated.

"Harry...she might get her memory back. Give it a few days...weeks. Whatever. It's only been three days." Louis sat down to my left, trying to comfort me.

"Three days was too long. You saw how fragile her body was. Those cuts and bruises that scattered her body. She was so frail. I was scared to even wanna try and hold her in my arms. I felt as though she was gonna break.." My voice was hoarse. Too much stress over the past few days. I don't know if I could take it.

"She'll get better, Haz. I promise. Now let's go back. I'm sure Lexi is wondering why you stormed out in the first place. 

"I-I...Give me a few minutes. I wanna think a little. Please?" I begged Lou. He nodded, standing back up.

"When I first saw you two, I knew it was meant to be Harry. I didn't say anything because I wanted you two to figure it out yourselves. Who knew it would take this long?" Louis gave out a chuckled before turning on his heel, walking away. 

********************

I walked outside, grabbing some fresh air. After a few minutes of standing in the cold, I finally got the courage to walk back inside.

As I stepped into the room once more, I saw the boys look up at me. Lexi was under her covers, eyes closed. She was fast asleep. I stuffed my hands in my pockets and walked up to the lads.

"Wh-what did the doctor say?" I asked staring at the ground. I didn't want to look at them in the eyes. Too much saddness for one day.

"She'll be able to leave the hospital in a week at the most and 5 days at the least. It just depends on how she is..." Liam answered. I gave a small nod.

"Harry, there's a 50 50 chance she'll get her memory back. It's only 3 months. Don't sweat it." My head shot up.

"You think 3 months is nothing, but in those 3 months, I finally got the guts to tell her my true feelings. It was hard the first time. All she wanted to be was friends, not wanting to ruin our relationship we already had, but you know what? I finally showed her I could be her life. Her everything. In just 3 months. 3 months is all I had. I wanted it to be a lifetime" I said as loud as I could without waking Lexi up. "I can do whatever the fuck I want. I think it's necessary for me to be 'sweating it' right now" I hissed. I sunk into the chair behind me. A sigh escaped Liam's mouth.

"I'm sorry Harry. I'm just-I just wanna stay positive okay? Just act like we did 3 months ago. Don't spring anything up on her. The doctor said not to stress her out, and knowing our schedules, it can get pretty hectic." A hand patted my back. I nodded for the billionth time in one day.

"Okay. I'll try."

"Stay strong, mate" An Irish accent rang. I gave Niall a small smile.

"You'll have your little lady in no time" He winked. I half smiled at the remark. Will I? I just hate the feeling of getting your hopes up too high, just for them to be crushed. The thought of not calling her mine was just....painful. I just couldn't...no I wouldn't think about it. The one I loved was in front of me for as long as I could remember. Why didn't I notice earlier, that way we at least had more time?

A/N: I know, this chapter sucked. I'm sorry. It's late...Vote, Comment, Fan. Feedback is highly appreciated. (: I'll see you in less than a week. Happy Friday/Saturday!