Chapter 30

Lexi's POV

I heard the rattling of rain against the windowsill. I looked outside and there was an endless sight of gray ominous clouds. I watched as puddles formed down below. I heard the crack of thunder far away. 

I held a warm coffee mug in my hands filled with hot chocolate. An oversized hoodie that I found in one of my boxes fit me snuggly. I had a feeling of deja vu right then and there. 

"What are you doing, love?" I jumped out of my seat that sat next to the window. Turning around, I noticed my best friend leaning against the doorframe. 

His eyes peered down at me in curiosity. I relaxed and sat back down, staring back out at the falling rain. 

"Just thinking," I mumbled softly. 

I heard footsteps behind me. Harry sat down on the twin chair beside me. 

"About what?" He asked nosily. 

I found myself looking down at my hands. Embarrassed of what's to happen next. "About anyone liking me." I took a deep breath and looked back outside. "It seems like everyone's in a relationship but me. It's hard to think that I'm on someone's mind. It's hard to imagine someone dreaming about me, wanting to hold me tight..." My voice trailed off. 

The room was silent. "Sorry. I know, I'm being girly. Bad habit." I shifted slightly in my seat. 

"No no no. Don't worry about it, Lex. Anyway, you're wrong. I know someone who has their eyes on you." My eyes locked with Harry's. There was sincerity in his voice. There wasn't a smirk or anything. He had been telling me the truth. 

"Who?" I questioned facing the boy. 

"I can't tell you," He looked at me seriously. 

"That's probably because you're lying." I had risen my eyebrows at this point. I wanted to trust Harry, but I knew I shouldn't. 

"I'm not. I swear!" He held his hands up in defense.

"Then tell me!"

"I can't!"

"Can't or won't, Harry?" 

Harry froze. "Don't do this to me. I just can't tell you okay? You just have to trust me, Lex. Someone does like you. You just have to believe me."

He looked at me with pleading eyes. That's how I know he's telling the truth. But iI was just dying to know who it was. 

"Fine. I believe you," I pursed my lips, not wanting to fight with my best friend. 

"Good." Soft lips were placed on my forehead. 

I snapped back to reality. I could feel the prescence of someone else in the room. 

"Hey, Lex. You okay?" A gentle voice asked. I set down my mug and looked up. 

I faked a smile. "Everythings fine." 

"Okay. Just checking. I'm heading back home. I told Harry I was gonna be back hours ago. So Zayn is downstairs. Niall just went to grab a new change of clothes. I'll be back okay?" Louis said. I gratefully nodded. 

"Okay"

Louis's POV

I walked into Harry's flat. I heard the TV on.

"Harry I'm back!" I yelled out. I heard a few whispers. There was a girl here. 

"Hey Lou! Come in here, I have someone you want to meet!" Harry called out. That's strange, that's the happiest I've heard him sound in over weeks.