Chapter 32

Harry's POV

"I thought you said you two weren't in a relationship."

I froze in place. I had been caught. I found myself biting my lip and resisting the urge on allowing the salty tears to fall down my pale cheeks. 

"I-It's complicated," I said jumping out of my seat.

"Not really. I asked you if you two were in a relationship and you said no. You lied to me." Hurt flashed across her face. I didn't want to see Lauren like that, but she knows nothing.

"You have no idea on what she and I went through. It hurts okay? I try to forget. That's why I lied. I don't WANT  to remember it!" A tear trickled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away with the back of my hand.  Everything I do is wrong. Why do I always tend to screw up somehow?

"That's a lie! If you really wanted to forget, then why are you looking at videos and pictures of her? Why do you have a picture on your mantel?" Lauren argued. I felt terrible. My hands rubbed my face in frustration. 

"Because I can't let go, okay? Because I can't let go!" My lip trembled. The tears finally fell. 

"I can't get over the fact that I lost one of the best things that happened to me. I lost my god damn best friend! I lost her because I screwed up countless times! I was never there for her when she needed me! I never should've told her my feelings. I never should have kissed her all those times that I did. I should've stayed her best friend and that's it!" 

I turned away, not wanting to look at the girl. I had used her, like all of those other woman I'd slept with. I had used them for my own benifit. I was horrible. I deserve everything I got. All those bad things that happened, I had brought them upon myself. 

"Harry..." Lauren spoke gently. 

"I get it. I get if you don't want to see me anymore. I'm sorry I used you as a rebound girl. I'm sorry I can't do anything right in this world." I sniffled my nose and wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Harry," Lauren repeated. "It hurts, yes, knowing I was your rebound girl. I should be pissed at you, really, but hearing you talk about this girl...it's like some cliche love story, and I like it." The side of her lip turned upward. 

"You're not mad?" I questioned taken aback.

"No. But tell you this, I help you get this girl back as long as you and I stay friends, alright?" 

A huge smile had grown back on my face. "Alright. But wait, I don't have a chance in getting her back, whatsoever...." I pursed my lips, sadness hitting me once more.

"Never say never, Styles. You are in fact part of a world famous boyband. It kinda has some perks, you know?" She smirked. 

I was completely confused. "Like what?"

"How good are you at songwriting?" Lauren asked playfully. 

Lexi's POV

The air was crisp. My hoodie snuggled around me tightly. Headphones were stuck in my ears as I walked down the street. It was just something to keep my mind off some things.

I've been stressed because the boys are going back to America in a few weeks to film a video. Plus I've been searching for a job maybe even going to U.N.I soon. I never really planned my future and basically, it's backfired on me. I should've learned not to wing it. No matter what that curly haired freak told me to do. 

My phone buzzed. Looking down, it was my cousin. 

His text read "have you been on twitter? You're basically all everyone is talking about?"