Chapter 23

Lexi's POV

*3 Weeks later*

"Lexi, are you okay?" A voice spoke beside me. I rubbed my eyes and faked a smile.

"Yea. Just a bit knackered. I'll be fine." From the corner of my eye, I thought I spotted the familiar ocean blue eyes that have been haunting me for the past few days. Like all those other times, it was just an illusion. A sick, twisted illusion. I closed the drapes to the window. 

"Okay. Did you want some food for the drive to San Francisco? The lads and I were gonna go over to the market and buy stuff." Harry picked up his keys off the bedside table. 

"Nah I'll be fine," I told him. Great, while they're gone, I can go grab some stuff from the store. 

Truth be, I've actually been feeling sick. Like not coughing sick. Throwing up sick. We all know what that means. I can't tell Harry. What would he think? But I won't be able to hide this from him very long. 

"Okay. Well we won't take to long. Knowing we love our food, an hour at the max. Stay here okay?" 

I nodded, feeling lips kiss the tip of my forehead. The door opened, and closed shut. I was alone. 

I waited 5 minutes, maybe ten before leaving the hotel. I couldn't have someone forget their wallet and come back. I walked down to one of our rental cars and hurried to the nearest Walmart. 

It was a quick run. Just some pregnancy tests. That's all. When I got back, I quickly did as the box told. I only had to wait 5 minutes that actually felt like hours. I found myself pacing back and forth until my timer went off. 

I slowly checked the results, afraid of the truth. 

Positive. 

I did another test, and another. Eventually, I emptied out the whole box until I knew I couldn't deny the fact that I was in fact pregnant. I was only 18, only 19. I was supposed to go back to Uni in a few months. How could this happen? 

The door to the room opened. Good thing the bathroom door was closed and locked. 

"Lexi?" Harry called out. 

"One sec. Just had to use the loo!" I tucked the tests in my pocket and everything else in the bin. Unlocking the door and stepping out, I spotted Harry struggling to carry the luggages out without the door locking on him. 

I helped him hold the door open. "Ready?" No. 

"Mhmm," I lied. I would most likely get car sick very easily. This was not good. 

We got onto the bus, all claiming spots. Nothing changed since the last road trip, other than Niall pushing Zayn off the middle bed. I took a bottom one this time, just incase I needed an escape to the bathroom. 

The boys all ran off to the game room. They played who knows what. I'm assuming Call of Duty, but I'm not much of a gamer. 

I scurried off to my bunk, curtain open. The computer was immediately in my lap, searching about the time lapse of pregnancy. I summed up that I only had a little less than 20 weeks to hide this from the boys. 

"Lex, what are you doing? Not stalking us online are ya?" Looking up, I saw Liam. I quickly shut my laptop and jumped out from my hole.

"No. Just on YouTube." I said blandly. It wasn't a lie, though. 

"I was just joking with you. What's wrong? Usually you'd laugh at our remarks. You've seemed....stressed lately. Tell me." Liam gave me an encouraging smile. I shook my head and looked at the ground. 

"It's nothing. I'm fine." Lies. Lies. Lies. 

"Liar. Liam always knows when something is wrong. The other lads may be too stupid to see it, but I know. They are all too busy to hear anyway."He said in third person. I turned to the game room. All the boys were fascinated by the screen of the TV. Maybe telling Liam wouldn't be a bad idea. He can back me up when I need help like going to the hospital. 

"Fine, but I need you to promise not to tell anyone. Also don't scream or anything when I tell you the news," I said. Liam looked at me skeptically.

"Is it really that bad?" He questioned. I looked at the other lads to see that they were still preocuppied. I pulled Li by the arm into my bunk. This time, I shut the curtain.

"Three weeks ago, while Harry was on his 'date' with Taylor, Seth came to see me." Liam already knew about the breakup and how Harry and I were secretly together. All the boys knew. It didn't take them too long to find out anyway. "He kept trying to get me to go back out with him, but I said no. Why would I ever want to go back out with a scum like him?" 

Liam nodded, agreeing with me. "He-he tried having sex with me. At first, I pushed him away, but then he persisted. I knew what he was like when he was mad, and I didn't want to provoke him. I-I I was scared." I couldn't look into Liam's eyes. I lifted my jacket sleeve and showed the lightening bruise. In which I was still surprised was there. It was now a yellowish color. 

I felt a faint tracing of his finger along the bruise. I finally looked up at him. 

"I'm pregnant," I choked out. 

He looked at me stunned. "You're kidding right?" 

I shook my head no. From my backback at the edge of my bed, I pulled out the tests, showing him. "I found out today. I've been getting morning sickness lately, so when you guys were out, I bought some. How am I gonna tell Harry? He's gonna kill Seth. I can't have him do that!" I whispered loudly. 

"It's okay. We'll find a way. Now I better get back before they all question where I am. You know you're gonna have to go to the hospital soon, right? Make sure the baby is okay..." Liam squeezed my hand. 

"Yea. I know. I just don't know when." I bit my lip, scared for the future. 

"I'll schedule you an appointment. You don't have to worry." Liam pulled me into a caring hug. Trying to imply that everything will be alright. I sure hope so. If not, who knows how this will end?

A/N: I put out the prologue to my Niall fanfic. Go have a look. Hope you like it! Xx Caitlyn