Chapter 31

Harry's POV

I stared at the picture on top of my mantle of the fireplace. My fingers were laced between a small petite hand, in which did not belong to Lexi. Its been 2 weeks. 2 weeks since Louis's visit. I still hadn't gotten over it, but I tried.

I tried to ignore everything he said. I tried to move on in life without Lexi. I even have a new girlfriend just so I could try to focus my attention elsewhere.

It still didn't seem to help, though.

"Harry, you okay?" Lauren's voice spoke softly next to me. I blinked a few times before glancing down at her, forcing a smile.

"I'm fine. Just thinking," I muttered. Lauren didn't buy it.

"Thinking about what? The girl in the picture?" She asked looking at my previous direction.

I cleared my throat, not knowing the words to say. "I uh I-"

"Who is she to you, anyway? Is she like a family member or something? You never mention her when you tell me stories. Did something happen?" Lauren asked curiously.

"I honestly don't want to talk about it, love. She was just a friend. Just a friend," I lied. I pursed my lips.

"Was? What happened?"

I scratched the side of my nose and shifted uncomfortably in the sofa. "Fame happened. I don't know. Life. We grew apart. She lost contact with me. We couldn't go a month without fighting or keeping secrets from each other. Our friendship broke I guess..."

"That doesn't sound like a friendship to me. More like a relati-"

"It wasn't."

"But she's pretty eno-"

"Lauren. Stop." I spoke sternly. She looked hurt for a moment.

"I'm- I'm sorry," she frowned slightly. I kissed the tip of her forehead.

"It's okay. Even if there was some type of feelings between her and I, they're long gone. Okay?" I lied once more. It stung, but I knew it had to be done.

"Okay," she whispered. Lauren burrowed her head into my neck, looking back at the Telly.

"Just tell me one thing," She asked, not facing me.

"And that is?"

"Her name. What was her name?" Lauren questioned. I bit my lip.

"Lexi. Lexi Chadwick." I responded monotonously.

***************

I got out of my seat without making too much noise. Lauren had fallen asleep next to me. I would've also, but I haven't gotten proper sleep in ages.

I found my laptop and sat down on the kitchen table. I turned both the brightness and sound down.

I needed to hear her voice, see her smile. It's been too long.

~Video~

"Is it on?" A sweat toned voice, asked.

"Yeah. I think so. The lights on," I muttered.

"Good! Okay so this is a song my friend taught me to play on the piano. You ready?" Lexi smiled into the camera.

"Ready," I replied. The girl smiled at me before facing the keys. Her voice echoed throughout the room.

'The best thing about tonight's that we're not fighting

Could it be that we have been this way before