(The Phantom Of The Opera) Phantom x Fem!Reader: Love pt. 2

mariliaisdirectioner - for you!!

Recap: The Phantom of the Opera, Erik, thought he would never love again. Then, he met you and fell in love with you and to his surprise, you fell in love with him. Richard Firmin and Gilles André dislike you together as a couple because he's dangerous and you are smart amongst other things.

Y/N = Your Name

One Month After Last Part - Springtime
Y/N's POV -

Everything happening right now is too much for me. I only am focused on stage because it is my job. Otherwise I feel like my life is falling apart and I hate it. I haven't been able to tell Erik why I'm not able to see him as much because he would be furious that I didn't tell him right away, but I bought us time. We're safe for now. He could be spying on me for all I know because I know he has secret hideaways all over the Opera House.

Today is a day off and I asked Meg if she wished to go to have a picnic at the park.
I know I can trust her and she's my closest friend. She'll know how to help me. I know she will.

I finish getting dressed and I leave my room.
I meet up with Meg and we leave the Opera House. We carry our baskets and we walk out to the park.

When we get there, we place our blankets down and we sit under a tree. We then unload our food and start eating.
Meg asks "So can you finally tell me why you brought me out here for our day off? I don't mind because you're my best friend. But, you have been off these past few weeks."
I answer "Thank you for coming with me. I truly appreciate. You don't know how much it means to me that you came with me."
She smiles.

I tell her my situation and she nods the whole time. She tells me what she thinks and offers an idea of two. I'm able to brainstorm more and I feel good about it.

We leave the park and stop at a small dress store where we both pick a new one out.
We also buy fresh produce from this stand with a nice older man who smiles widely at us.

We make it back to the Opera House at a decent time. We walk up the stairs to my room slowly because we want to savor our free time together.

I see Richard Firmin and Gilles André standing near my bedroom door.
I ask "Why are you gentlemen standing by my door? You look awfully suspicious."
Richard Firmin exclaims "We were waiting for you. Where were you?"
I answer "I was out eating lunch with Meg and then we went shopping! It's our day off, remember?"
Gilles André says "Yes we remember. It's just up to us to decide if we believe that story."
Up to us... Bruh!! What?!?
I take a step closer to them and snap "I don't care if you don't believe me. I'm telling the truth. You can see that we're carrying new clothes and food. My story checks out. Now tell me what you were doing at my door!"
Richard Firmin says "Now now let's play nicely. Meg, tell us about today."
Meg answers "Y/N asked me yesterday to spend today with her and I said yes. We went out to the park nearby and ate a picnic lunch. Each of us bought a new dress and some fresh produce from this kind older man."

Gilles André asks "And The Phantom? Where was he, Meg?"
Meg answers "He was not there. It was just us girls. I haven't seen him in weeks."
Gilles André points to me and asks "And what about you? When was the last time you saw him?"
I answer "When you told me to stop, I saw him one more time to tell him I needed a break from him. That was our last interaction. I promise. You can check my room for proof that no other gentlemen have been in my room."
Gilles André replies "I wouldn't call him gentle."
Ugh.
I sigh and roll my eyes.

Richard Firmin exclaims "Very well, I buy your story."
I slightly smile.
He then exclaims "The reason we were at your door ... now now ... I know Gilles wants to leave you in the dark. I think you deserve to know. We were snooping in there. We had to make sure you were keeping our promises. We can't let our favorite star be lost to the world of the underworld."
I reply "The underworld! Wow you make it seem like he**!"
Gilles André says "But it is."
I can never win. I'm not going to fight it.
I need the job. I need the money. I know they are wrong and dumb. I can't let them know that just yet. I have a plan.