(Hunger Games) Cato x Fem!Reader: Request

Request for liliaanne13

Your father is the District 2 Victor of the Hunger Games and your mother is the District 2 Stylist. You are her assistant.

Y/N = Your First Name
L/N = Last Name

***** I don't own the characters from Hunger Games or the plot *****

This imagine will change to my plot :)

Y/N's POV

I met Cato first when I was 6.

My father had won the games and he was visiting people in District Two.

Even at 6, Cato was a beautiful young boy who had a killing instinct. Let me give you an example. I had a pet frog named Froggy. Yes I know I am not creative. I was 6. Don't blame me. Froggy and I were the best of friends. I brought him with me as we visited families. It was literally the worst decision I made at that age. I had set him down in Cato's house and when I went to look for him, Cato was standing over him with a knife. He killed him, held him by the leg, turned to me, and said "This'll be great for frog leg stew."
I couldn't believe him!
I began crying and ran inside.
My father apologized to the family and firmly told me to stop. He didn't want to show anyone weakness of any kind.

I saw Cato again when I was 7.
He ran up to me as I was picking a flower for my mother at a flower shop and said "Hey Frog Girl!"
I rolled my eyes and replied "I still can't believe you killed, Froggy."
He replied "Sorry. I ... I didn't mean to. Frog Leg Stew was a favorite of my grandma's and frogs are rare. I missed my grandma and I just was hungry."
I replied "Your mom's chef made wonderful pasta. I'm surprised you didn't just get more of that."
He replied "It was disgusting."
I picked up a peony and smiled. This is the one.
Cato quickly said "No. Don't pick that one. Trust me. Pick this red rose. Your mom will like it more and your father won't call you cheap."
I replied "Thanks."
He smiled.
My mother ended up loving the red rose and so did my father.

At school, we became friends.
We were inseparable from that day on.

At 12, Cato and I were just walking around District 2 on an average day. There was really nothing special about that day, except for the fact that Caesar Flickerman's promo videos for the next Hunger Games. This was the first year that I would be reaped into it. My parents have had me training since I was 5. I'm not afraid. I'm just nervous. I don't like all of the attention on me.

Cato pulled me into an alley and I snapped "What are you doing, Cato?"
He lets me go and stares into my eyes nervously. I notice him looking from my eyes to my lips.
He leans in and kisses me.
I could've shoved him off for kissing me without my consent, but truth is, I like him.
I always have and always will.

At 13, we started officially dating.

At 14, we stole his father's car and a bottle of alcohol from their liquor cabinet. We went to the top of a building and watched the stars. We also told each other we loved each other for the first time that night.

Our parents hated us after that until at 15, I became my mother's official styling assistant. I was praised and loved. President Snow even sought me out to learn more about me. He told me that if I was alive at 18, I was to become one of the official stylists for the Capitol and for the Hunger Games.

I was sent back and forth to the Capitol constantly.

Cato & I spent less time together. He was always showing up at my window and spending the night. We would talk for hours. We would talk about our future and what we want with our life. Cato was romantic and optimistic at 15. He is everything to me.

Skip to present events ~ 

The Reaping Ceremony -  age 16

President Snow told me that if I really wanted, I could be exempt from the reaping this year because of my valued stylist experience.
I said no.
I wanted it to be fair.
He respected that.

First, a girl is chosen.
Clove is picked. I know Clove.
We're friends. She's good with knives.

Next is the boys.
Cato's name is called.
My world drops.
I feel nothing.

I immediately rush to see him one last time before he heads out. I will go first then his parents.

I walk inside and hug him tightly.
He asks "Will you be there as my stylist?"
I answer "Yes."
He replies "Then I have nothing to worry about. I have you."
I reply "You're strong, Cato. You can do it. You can do anything you put your mind to. I believe in you."
He smiles and replies "Come kiss your future Victor."
I lean forward and we kiss.

The door opens and a Peacekeeper tells me my time is up.

I leave the room.

I walk calmly back to my house and straight up into my bedroom. I draw a bath and sit in it. I cry for hours until my mother knocks on the door to tell me we're needed in the Capitol ASAP.

The Chariot Ride

Cato hugs me a lot. It takes forever to fit him for this year's style. He keeps trying to flirt with me or kiss me. He's just very touchy. I don't mind.

Caesar Flickerman's Show

Cato talks about his parents and how he loves them. He talks about me and how much he loves me. Caesar looks like he is about to cry.
I am too.

Night Before The Hunger Games Begin

Cato and I are spending his last night together.
We talk for a bit before we sleep. I told him that as much as I want to spend this time with him awake, he needs rest for the big day. His arms hold me tightly against him and I feel at peace there in his arms.

.........................................................................

THANKS FOR READING!!!! :-)