(Divergent) Eric x Fem!Reader: Knives

*I don't own these characters except for Y/N*
Photo: Eric

Y/N - Your Name

Y/N's POV
Eric & I are best friends. It's weird to a lot of people because he is so closed off to everyone and constantly yelling, but we found something that worked. By something I mean we occasionally yell at each other and constantly push each other to be the best version of ourselves. We are proud of each other and constantly support the other. We can be quiet in each other's presence especially during meals, but it's a comfortable silence.

We were part of the same initiation group and we trained together. That also meant I knew Four. I was pretty close with him during training because he was kinder to me at the start. However, we don't talk that much anymore, but all is well between us.

I work with weapons tech because well that's where I work the best. Basically what I do is try to combine technology and weapons to make them better. We always seek to improve and well this definitely is one way we are. I mean I can throw knives pretty well too, but hey that's second to my tech skills.

As I was working today, Max came in to visit. He told me he needs me to go on a trip to visit the faction-less and of course who am I to say no to one of my leaders. I don't mind though. It will be good to get back into the field.

Eric's POV

I was walking to the weapons tech area to bring Y/N lunch because she works too much and then she forgets to eat. No one really sees me do it, so I don't ruin my reputation not that I'd care. I mean I would if it were by newbies because I want them to fear me, but I'm pretty sure all the initiated members know I care about her more than I probably would admit to any of them.

I walk in the room and don't see her.
Hm...

I walk over to some guy sitting at a desk and ask "Hey you. Is Y/N here?"
The guy shakes his head and answers "Max took her to go out into the field. He said he needed her."
I reply "Ok. Here take this lunch."
I need to get rid of the extra lunch and I already ate.
He thanks me and I roll my eyes.

I run out and go up to Max's office.
I barge through the door and ask "Why did you send her?"
He replies "I have no idea what you're talking about."
I snap "Y/N. You sent her into the field."
He replies "I thought you didn't care about anyone."
I reply "I ... I mean. I don't. Not really. Never mind."
Of course I care about Y/N. I don't need Max knowing about all of my feelings and sh**!
I storm out of the room and see initiates training.
It takes me back to a simpler time when I met Four and Y/N. We were in the same group and it was competitive, but it was a great time. We all got along, but Y/N & I really bonded.
I sit down on a bench and watch.

Lauren (one of the instructors) walks over and says "You're back Huh. Well we're about to practice with knives if you'd like to join."
Knives, that is one of Y/N's best skills. When she focuses and manages to hit the bullseye every time, agh she's so hot.
Lauren snaps her fingers in front of my face and asks "What's wrong with you? You never zone out like that."
I snap back "Nothing. Nothing. Where's Four?"
She points and answers "Over there!"

I nod and walk over to him.
I ask "Can I speak to you in private?"
He nods and follows me to the side of the room.
Wait? Why am I doing this? I never let anyone into my life and thoughts well except Y/N.
I say "I ... f***! I shouldn't have come here."
He replies "Well you did so spit it out. Come on Eric. You never are like this. Now you have me actually concerned. Just tell me."
I reply "I've gotten that comment already. Anyway, Max sent Y/N out into the field. I'm worried because she hasn't been in awhile and the Faction-less have been more aggressive this year. I just don't know what to do."
He replies "You do have some say since you're a leader you know although Y/N can take care of herself. She's one of the strongest people here. But if you're that worried, go to the camera room to see what's going on there. They have cameras strapped onto cars and they track them."
Ah I knew I could count on him to know some little trick. He's always clever although I'd never tell him that.
I nod and reply "Thanks and could you you know not mention the specifics to anyone."
He nods, smirks, and says "Ok now bye."
He walks off and I start to leave.