(Star Wars) Poe x Fem!Reader: Old Friends Catch Up

Poe Dameron was just named Acting General.
You're one of his pilot friends from the smuggling group, Spice Runners of Kijimi. You also knew Zorii Bliss and Babu Frik.
Poe decides to reach out to you through Babu Frik to help the Resistance.

Y/N = Your Name

Y/N's POV

Babu Frik sent a message to my X-Wing last night with coordinates to visit Poe who is with the Resistance.

I was shocked. If I'm being honest, I haven't heard from him since he left the Spice Runners. I don't blame him. He was young and learning. Well sort of. He was a great pilot then and Babu Frik said he is one of the best nowadays around the galaxy. I'm proud of him. I saw hope in him.

Now here I am landing my ship on the base of the Resistance!!!! What the heck?!? I never thought I would be here. I as a smuggler have tried to not pick any side of this war and just try to make my way in the world. It's been rough, but it's also been something I'm grateful for.

I grab my knapsack, tie my shoes, and I get my BB-Droid. It's name is BB-20 :)

I open the ship and walk out my ship.
A woman walks up and asks "You must be Y/N?"
I answer "Yes I am."
She replies "Wonderful! Follow me!"
I follow her and we make our way through the Resistance base.

So much is going on around me that it's hard to keep track of it all. Several droids are everywhere, racks of weapons are lined up, and people all seem happy to be here. It's strange to see people happy. Ever since the war started, people don't seem to smile or laugh anymore unless they've been drinking a lot.

Poe's POV

I see her before she notices me.
Her eyes dart across the base as her eyebrows furrow making me wonder what she is thinking.
She was smarter than me when we were young and honestly is to this day probably smarter than me.
She was always the brains behind our outings with the Spice Runners, I was the dangerous one, and Zorii Bliss was the one in the middle who found a compromise. All three of us were great friends and it's a shame I haven't been keeping in touch with either of them. I do have Finn and Rey now though.

When her eyes meet mine, she smiles widely.
Once she walks over to me, she exclaims "Long time no see. Still living dangerously, Poe?"
I laugh and answer "Yeah life with danger is way more fun. I wouldn't want to be at a desk job all day. Around here, you may not believe it, but I am the Acting General of the Resistance."
She gasps and squeals. She grabs me and pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around her and sigh. I really missed her hugs. I know it's weird to think, but her hugs always have been able to cheer me up. She was there for me when I was younger and it was something I could ever forget.

When she releases me from the hug, she exclaims "I'm so proud of you. Well Acting General Poe Dameron, as much as I'd love to know how this all came about, you did ask for me to come through Babu Frik. It has to mean something, so give me the rundown."
I like how she says my name like that with the title.
I say "Y/N, I would gladly love to catch up at some point. Here's what I have going on ..."
I explained to her everything and she stayed silent the whole time. When I was done explaining, she asked questions and I attempted to answer what I could to the best of my abilities.

Y/N nods and says "Well it sounds to me like I've got a mission. Acting General Poe Dameron, I am proud to be of service to the Resistance. I'm going to work on my ship and will set off tomorrow morning after sunrise. Thank you for this."
She reaches out her hand and I shake it.
I reply "Be sure to let me know if you need any spare parts or any help with the ship. Good to see you again and thanks for helping, Y/N. I know it's not what you usually do and I appreciate it."
Plus I mean I got to see her again. She's so beautiful.
She smiles and replies "Anything for you Poe. Anything for you." She then waves and walks off.
Anything for me????? Ummmmmm...

Y/N's POV

I yell "BB-20!! Can you grab the wrench on the edge of that table? I forgot it and am not in the mood to go down all this ladder again!"
I hear BB-20 make noises and I hope it's on the way.
I feel a tap on the shoulder and see the wrench I need.
I grab it and yell "Thank you!"
I keep working and eventually close up the hatch on my ship's roof.

I turn to go down my ladder and shriek.
I almost fall, but Poe quickly catches my hand and pulls me up. He then helps me sit next to him on the roof.

I slightly yell "Omg Poe! How long have you been sitting on my ship's roof?!?"
He laughs and answers "I gave you that wrench, but you were too focused and didn't realize it was me. Also, you call me dangerous, but you almost fell off your roof. You need to be more careful, Y/N."
I playfully slap his shoulder and say "You scared me! What are you doing here anyway?"
He answers "I wanted to see you. I've missed you and I forgot that I didn't mention where you can get food around here when we talked earlier, so I brought dinner."
He moves his hands behind his back and sets a bag between us.
I exclaim "Aw that was so thoughtful."
He pulls out the two beers and says "I feel like we're gonna need this."
He hands me one and I smile.
I takes the sandwiches out and set them next to us.

We then catch up about our lives and it's great.
We each tell stories, smile, and laugh :)

I look up at the sky and notice it's dark.
Wow we've been talking awhile not that I mind it.
Poe says "I guess I should let you rest. Well this was a nice date."
Sir? I mean did he just? Cuz I think he did.
I smile, laugh, and reply "I had fun on this date too. I look forward to more when I return from my mission."
He smiles and says "Great! I look forward to it too!"

...................................................................................
THANKS FOR READING!!!!
May The Fourth Be With You!
Thanks for all the love on this book so far :)

Part two?