(OBX) JJ Maybanks x Fem!Reader: Matched Part 2

Inspired by the Matched Series by Ally Condie

Basically ~ the government decides who you love and where you work etc ...

Y/N = Your First Name
L/N = Last Name
S/N = Your Twin Sister's Name
B/N = Brother's Name

**I do not own the characters **

LONG CHAPTER CUZ WHY NOT :-)

JJ's POV ... continued from start of ceremony

John B, Pope, and I take our seats.
Topper walks up and sits next to me.
Ugh :/ nooooooooooooo!

The announcer begins talking.
He announces "Sarah Cameron."
She stands and walks down the steps.
I notice where she is walking from and notice she was next to Y/N. Y/N seems excited for Sarah, S/N looks indifferent, and Kie looks mad. Kie is one to hold a grudge.
Topper leans over and says "If her match isn't perfect, Ward will raise a riot. I heard so from the man himself."
I hope it's not. The rich don't deserve to be given their life to them on a gold platter.
Sarah stands onstage and the announcer says "Your match is ... John Booker Routledge."
John B gasps and heads down the stairs with a smile on his face. I notice Sarah smile back at him. They're both happy.
I lean over to Topper and reply "I hope that was good enough for Ward."
Topper replies "We'll see."

The announcer exclaims "Kiara Carrera."
YES! GO BEST FRIEND!
The announcer says "Your match is ... Topper ..."
Bro... what are these matches?!?!?
At least John B looked kind of happy about his.
Kie looks pi**ed about this.
I see Topper'a face turn to shock.
I exclaim "You better treat her nicely."
Topper nods and says "I wouldn't be a jerk to a girl I barely know. Don't worry."
Barley knows?!? Yet he can pick on her when he barely knows her!?! This guy!! Bruh :/
He then walks down the stairs.
He does offer her his hand to walk off the platform though, which is good.
He should at least be a gentlemen as a bare minimum.

The announcer exclaims "S/N L/N."
She bounces down the stairs excitedly.
Both S/N and Y/N have been very optimistic about this whole thing. They think it will all work out. I hope it does for their sake.
S/N makes it onstage with a bright smile on her face.
The announcer then says "Your match is ... Pope Hayward."
I have to say that is a match that I agree with.
They deserve each other.
I glance at Y/N to see her smiling widely.
She looks so beautiful like that. So happy. 

The announcer exclaims "Y/N L/N."
Here it goes ... the last of my friends to get a match ... I hope she gets someone nice.
Who is left? Let me see who would be a good match for her. Hmmmm... dare I say no one.
She makes it onstage and I notice her playing with her rings. She does that a lot when she's nervous.
The announcer exclaims "Your match is ... JJ Maybanks."
Holy sh**!!!!!!!!

I stand up and make my way down the stairs.
My pleas for a good match have been answered. She is perfect.
I walk up the stairs and we take our photo shaking hands with the announcer as part of tradition. He reminds us that tonight is our last night of true freedom that we can choose to spend together or with our family.
We then leave the stage.
I hold my arm out for Y/N and she links her arm around mine as we walk down the staircase.

We then walk over to the line where we wait to find out our job.

Y/N's mother is already walking over with her brother, B/N. I see my father walk over as well.
Ugh!! I don't want them to meet. My father will ruin everything. He always does.
I feel Y/N's arm grow tighter around mine.
She's letting me know she is there for me and I appreciate it.

Y/N gives her mom and brother a side hug.
I shake hands with my dad.
We then get in line.

I notice Y/N's mother try to engage in conversation with my father. He seems like he's being polite at least. How long can he keep this up though? He'll come over for holidays with everyone because he's apart of the family. I just can't have him near my new life. I don't want it. I don't want him to treat anyone else like how he treats me.