(The Hunger Games): Finnick Odair x Fem!Reader: Home

You were best friends with Finnick in District 4 growing up until your parents got jobs in the Capitol. You didn't stay in touch and hadn't heard from anything from him until you saw that he won the Hunger Games.

This will take place after he's been in the Capitol for a few years and his body has already been sold to the Capitol.

For story purposes, your last name in the Capitol is Petit.

Y/N = Your Name

** I don't own any of the characters, except for Y/N** Y/N = Your Name **

Finnick's POV

I am currently driving to Miss Petit's house. Who knows what's in store for me tonight? Will she want to have sex, a kiss, dinner and one of the things I listed already, or who knows? I've never heard of her until she called me, which is rare in the Capitol. I just hope she has some good secrets to share.

I arrive and climb out of my car.
The house is well beautiful. It reminds me of home, which I never knew the Capitol could remind me of.

I knock on the door and it opens to reveal an interesting looking woman. She has bright pink hair in braids, lots of vibrant make-up, and an outfit that reminds me of a carpet.

The woman extends her hand and exclaims "Finnick Odair, welcome. Please come in."
I bow, kiss her hand, and ask "And you must be the lovely Miss Petit."
She smiles and nods.

I follow her inside the house and she asks "May I get you something to drink? I finished dinner not so long ago and it is still warm, so we can serve ourselves if you're hungry."
Serve ourselves ... this woman is fascinating. Most people I meet here have butlers, maids, and cooks. She seems to have none based on her answering the door, cooking the dinner, and serving ourself. Unless this is all a lie, in which case, I applaud her for the performance.

I hear "Mr Odair, you seem lost in thought. Is something the matter? If you need to leave, we can always reschedule this for another night."
I realize then that we are in the kitchen and I see the food. I notice cooked salmon, salad, potatoes, and a fancy cake.
I exclaim "Please call me Finnick. I will stay for tonight. This meal looks to wonderful to pass up. I do apologize for being quiet. It won't happen again."
She replies "It's no problem, Finnick. You can call me Y/N by the way."
Y/N Petit? Hmmm it fits. But why does she sound familiar?

We serve ourselves food and we each get a glass of wine.

When we sit down at the table, I exclaim "This meal looks lovely, Y/N. Thank you."
She answers "Thank you Finnick. I hope you enjoy it. I thought I would cook something from District 4 because that is your true home."
I ask "I have to ask, have we met before? You seem familiar."
She asks "You don't recognize me?"
I look back at her and shake my head.
She says "Let me grab something real quick. I think you'll find that home is not as far away as you think."
I can't imagine what she means.
She gets up and leaves.

When she returns, she's holding a paper in her hands and she hands it to me.
My jaw drops and I ask "Holy sh**! Y/N? Is that you?"
She laughs and answers "Yeah I mean with some changes. I have to fit in to keep my job."
I reply "I ... I never thought I would see you again after you left District 4 when we were kids."
She replies "I meant to return, but work keeps me busy. When I saw you win the Hunger Games and heard you lived in the Capitol, I knew I had to invite you over to see you again."
I reply "You have no idea how I've been dreading coming to this. But now that it's you, it all makes sense and I'm so happy to see you."
:)

The rest of dinner involves us catching up on our lives. I must say she has lived an interesting and exciting life. Eventually we take our conversation to Y/N's bedroom where we sit in front of a lit fireplace.

Y/N stops talking, stands up, and walks to the window. She closes the blinds and the curtains then walks back over to me.
I ask "What was out there?"
She answers "Creepy men, men with cameras, and fans. I suppose they are looking for us and want to know what is happening. I just don't want to deal with them, so I closed my blinds and curtains. They can think whatever they want to think."
I ask "Is it too much to ask if I can stay here tonight?"
She answers "No it's not. I have a guest bedroom, my bedroom, and a couch downstairs. You can sleep wherever you feel most comfortable."
I reply "Thank you."

We both end up taking showers separately before we decide to go to bed.

I'm staying in Y/N's room with her because her bed is big and when we were younger, we even did this. We never thought anything about it. One difference between then and now is that I am attracted to her. When we were little, I had a bit of a crush on her, but it was nothing serious. It was just me thinking about how cute she was. But then she moved and I moved on to like Annie Cresta. She, however, cheated on me on accident as she claimed. I don't believe her. She knew what she was doing. The man even told me so :/

She turns off her lights and says "Goodnight Finnick."
I whisper "Goodnight Y/N."

2 years later... Y/N's POV

I wake up to the smell of food cooking downstairs in the kitchen and I skip downstairs.

I see Finnick cooking breakfast and I exclaim "Aww babe, I can't believe you're making breakfast."
He replies "I mean why wouldn't I?"
I answer "You got back like a day ago from mentoring the recent games. I would've thought you would need some rest from the emotional rollercoaster it was."
He smirks and answers "Anything for my girl."
:)

Finnick & I started dating shortly after we met 2 years ago. We had to convince President Snow that Finnick wasn't going to be using his body anymore and he eventually agreed after we agreed to attend all his parties + I have to work for him. I mean not the best situation but also not the worst.

The rest of the morning is spent lounging and enjoying our HOME.

...................................................................................
THANKS FOR READING!!

I love Finnick Odair. Like wow hehe...
Also the Battle Of Songbirds And Snakes ... AMAZING!