(Stranger Things) Robin x Fem!Reader: Crush

Robin is in love with you. You're her best friend who is also a band nerd.

Post Season 2 & Steve knows about her crush on you

Y/N = Your Name

** I do not own the Stranger Things characters**

Y/N's POV

My friends and I all sit at the same table for lunch every day without fail. It's in the corner of the cafeteria and we're away from people who judge us. Everyone in my friend group is in either band or orchestra. We're music nerds and unashamed of it. GO MUSIC! My best friend is Robin and she is part of the reason I'm bisexual, but she doesn't know that. Funny enough, no one knows.

Robin comes skipping in and plops down next to me.
She dramatically pretends to faint on my shoulder and says "I'm tired."
I breathe in her scent and smell her shampoo mixed with her perfume.
 I then reply "Only happy people skip. You must be happy too"
She takes her head off my shoulder and says "Who said I was happy? I mean happy is a very constricting word. What if I'm happy in the moment but not in general or what if..."

We then hear "What if I don't care?" We look over and see Jason standing at the end of the table. WTF is he doing at our table?!?!

Robin asks "And what did you come to the nerd table for, Jason? Did you decide to join us?" Jason answers "I would never join you, ew no."
I reply "I mean technically you're a basketball nerd."
Jason snaps his eyes to meet mine and says "Whatever... just don't screw up our school song this week at our game and play loudly. We want the other team to regret coming to Hawkins High."
He then storms off.

Robin turns to me and says "I can't believe you just told Jason he was a basketball nerd."
I reply "Yeah I figured that would shut him up. What is his deal telling us to play loudly? When does he care what the band does?"
Robin replies "It was probably Chrissy's doing. Ever since he started dating her, he's paid more attention to more than just the game."
I reply "Well play louder, Robin."
She laughs and says "I won't do what he tells me to do."
We start laughing more.

After School - Robin's POV

I've been working at Family Video for 1 hour and already want to leave. Y/N is picking me up and she's driving me home. My shift ends at 9 pm. Steve usually ends his shift with me and Keith closes by himself. I help close on weekends that I don't have to play at a game.

Steve looks over at me and asks "What are you doing tonight?"
I reply "Remember Steve, I don't like you. I can't go on a date."
He laughs and says "I know that. But seriously, what are you doing?"
I answer "Y/N is picking me up and driving me home."
He replies "Really? Y/N is picking you up and you're calm about it. I thought you had a crush on her and this would make you nervous."
I reply "I do have a crush on her, but what is the likelihood of her liking me back? It's close to zero. I mean there is probably a 0.0002% chance anyone else in Hawkins is a lesbian and the chance of it being my best friend is lower. She could also be bisexual, but I don't know. She never shares about her crushes, except for fictional ones. She's only ever said male characters before. Plus, she brings me home almost every day."
He replies "I say go for it. What is the worst thing that could happen?"
I answer "Let's say I go for it and she rejects me. She could tell our friends and I could be out of the group. No one's been out of the group before, but there's a first time for everything, right? She could hate me forever and that means I lose my best friend."
He replies "Stop being so dramatic. Y/N is a kind person and I've only met her a few times. She might not be into you, but I don't think she would diss you to your friends."
I reply "I don't know. Steve, I just want her to look at me like I'm the love interest in a movie she likes. I don't want to just be her best friend. She ... She is my world and she doesn't even know it."
He replies "Good news, customers pulled up and you can focus on work instead."
 I playfully slap him and we help the new customers.