(Outer Banks) Topper x Fem!Reader: Florida Trip

Topper is away from Rafe and Kelce in Florida visiting family.
He meets Y/N who he immediately clicks with and decides his bad boyfriend days are done.

*** I don't own any of the characters***Y/N = Your Name ***

Topper's POV

Going to Florida would not be my idea of fun.
Why am I here? Why did they make me come? Why am I with my parents? Why am I still traveling with them? Why couldn't I have stayed home? All are valid questions I want answers to.

I sit and sulk in my hotel room until I hear a knock on the door.
I get up and open it to reveal my mom.
She exclaims "I did some talking and found a few spots you may enjoy in town while your father and I are busy. Please don't sulk and do something fun with people your age. Here are the pamphlets and info I got."
She hands me a stack of paper and leaves.

I walk back inside my room and look at the papers. I might as well see what she tried to give me information on.

I see a place that makes my favorite kind of burger. I could go for some food.

I change and leave the room.
I walk a block before I realize I am lost.
I look at the map then keep walking.
I slam into something and yell "F***! Ow!"
I hear "Here let me help you."
I notice I ran into a wall and I shake my head.
I turn to see who is trying to help me stand up and I make eye contact with the most beautiful girl in the world. I'm ... wow!
She asks "How's your face?"
I ask "Does it look bad?"
She shakes her head and replies "Looks normal. You may get a few scratches though."
She hands me back my papers and I thank her.
She exclaims "It looks like your mom sent you out of your hotel too."
I laugh and answer "She did yeah."
She replies "Well good luck finding what you're looking for."
I ask "Want to join me?"
Uh oh the moment of truth ... will she reject me?
She asks "Where are you going?"
I answer "A burger place."
She replies "Sure. My name is Y/N by the way."
She holds out her hand and I shake it while replying "My name is Topper."
That was a good start I'd say.

She helps me find the burger place and we order food.
We sit in a booth against the wall and I find myself staring at her. I'm stunned by her beauty. How can anyone look this good? I wish she was from Outer Banks and we could date. I know long distance stuff wouldn't be great. Is she from there? Hm?

Y/N asks "So Topper... what brings you to Florida?"
Perfect timing!
I answer "My parents have work and then we're going to visit our family. I didn't want to come on this trip to begin with, but I was forced to. What about you?"
She answers "My family wanted to go to the beach and my mom met up with an old high school friend. I didn't want to go meet them and so I decided to explore. I like it here, but I miss home."
So she is not from here ... ok!
I ask "Where is home for you?"
She answers "Texas! What about you?"
I answer "North Carolina!"
She replies "Really? That's cool. I have family up in the Northern area of North Carolina."
Does that mean I can see her more?
I smile and reply "That's cool. So do you have anyone special in your life back in Texas?"
She answers "That was very sly. My dog is pretty special."
Only a dog - wow I'm winning today!
I ask "What kind of dog is it?"
She answers "She's a Cocker Spaniel."
I reply "Very cute."

We spend the next hour or so visiting together.
We talk about life in our respective home states and school. She said she's what people could refer to as a nerd, but do I care? No. I like her and her personality. She's really great.
I should be nicer when I get back home because I now realize I treated everyone so rudely and they were all probably nice people.

We also find out we're staying at the same hotel, which is crazy.

So we make our way back to the hotel together!

When we walk inside, I ask "Hey Y/N?"
She says "Yeah?"
I say "Would you like to do this again tomorrow?"
She nods and smiles.
I ask "And maybe I could have your number or hotel number? I want to call you, so we can make a plan."
She gives me her cell phone number :)

We then part ways.

Next Day - Dinner

I wait in the lobby for Y/N.
She walks in from the elevator wearing this beautiful sundress and she is beautiful. Like wow. I'm ... wow!

She walks up and I exclaim "You look beautiful tonight, Y/N."
She replies "Thanks. You look handsome, Topper."
I smile and we leave.

We walk to a new burger place we want to try and we enjoy dinner together :)

We go on a date everyday for the rest of the week and we kiss on the last one.

:)

............................................................................
THANKS FOR READING!!!!

Check out my JJ Maybanks fanfiction called Surf's Up Princess :)