(Fantastic Beasts) Newt Scammander x Fem!Reader: Soulmates

Prompt from Pinterest: Every night, starting at age 18, your dreams are your soulmate's memories.

You were a fellow Hufflepuff and friend of Newt at Hogwarts. He may have seemed strange to other people, but you always found him so interesting and very passionate about his creatures.

** I don't own any of the characters except for Y/N and her little sister, Mia**

Italics describe the dream!

Monday Night - Newt's POV

I'm so tired. I am excited to see what my soulmate dreams about though. I believe she's a she. I also can tell she went to Hogwarts because her dreams are usually about exploring the castle. I even saw myself a few times, which means my soulmate already knows me. That part worries me.

When I do dream, I am the observer. I never am my soulmate and I'm never myself.

As soon as Newt's eyes close, the setting changes. It's the middle of a forest. My soulmate is running through, so I chase her. I then notice her kneeling next to a fairy on the ground. What on earth? She carefully picks up the fairy and carries it to a cave. The way she carefully carries the fairy and herself seem familiar almost as if I know this person well. I then notice that the cave has a charm on the entrance to keep unwanted guests out. Somehow I make it through. Maybe because it's a dream? I follow my soulmate down hallways and down trapdoors until we reach a small workshop. I notice bowtruckles on a small tree. I then see the fairy now is being healed. The fairy flies up after a few minutes and follows my soulmate to a small space where the fairy rests. My soulmate walks over to the bowtruckles, which jump on her. She sits down and she plays with them. I find peace in this dream. I quite like it and wish I could live here.

Monday Night - Y/N's POV

I'm ready for tonight's dream. They always keep me entertained. I hope tonight's is a continuation of last night's dream where my soulmate was being chased by an acromantula.

By the time I close my eyes, I'm in a dark forest. I move carefully around trees and bushes to see the clouded figure of my soulmate. I follow him as he walks along a creek and down to an Acromantula Lair. What is he doing? He could get hurt or die here. He yells some kind of muffled gibberish and spiders come crawling out from every corner of the lair. The largest one crawls out and says "Ahh ... you've come to see me. Now why are you bothering me and my children?"
My soulmate answers "I promise I mean you no harm. I protect creatures. I want to learn from you and be able to inform wizards, so they know you are not all that dreadful."
Something about his answer seems familiar like I know who it is. Do I?
The spider replies "You mean us no harm. I can tell. We will continue to be wary of you no matter. Please ask what you wish to know."
The next bit is filled of questions and answers.

Tuesday Night - Newt's POV

I had a rough day. I hope it doesn't translate to my dreams and cause my soulmate any harm. I truly hope my dream turns out happy for them.

Newt closes his eyes and he's taken to Hogwarts. It's been awhile since I've been to Hogwarts. I haven't gone back since my graduation. I watch my soulmate sprint out of a room and she seems distressed. I peek into the room she was just in and noticed three girls laughing. I didn't know so many Hufflepuffs could seem so mean. I then walk out and see my soulmate. I follow her as she sneaks out of the dormitory. She makes it all the way upstairs and opens the Room of Requirement. I follow her inside and she collapses on a couch. Oh how I wishes I was there to comfort her. It's then I sees myself. Geez. I watch my younger self walk over to my soulmate and tap her on the shoulder. She sees younger me and hugs me. Younger me and my soulmate hug on the couch. We then start talking together. This moment feels familiar.

I wake up and gasp. Could my soulmate really be Y/N? We were friends at Hogwarts and we did go to the Room of Requirements together once or twice. I don't really remember how she felt about magical creatures though. Hmmm...

Tuesday Night - Y/N's POV

I'm so tired today. Work was so much and I really want to just sleep the night away.

I'm at Hogwarts. Oh how I miss those days. I wish I could go back and enjoy it some more. I notice my soulmate walking and I follow him. We twist and turn down several hallways then we make our way down some staircases only to find ourselves at a broom closet. Wait? I remember this closet. Why though? Inside I see baby ravens. Aww so cute. The door to the closet flies open and McGonagall walks in. So my soulmate knows her. She says "You need to get out of here at some point. Quidditch players will be here soon enough to drop off old brooms. I'm sure one of your friends would be happy to hang out with you. The ravens will be safe as I've told you time and time again." My soulmate gets up and leaves. They walk into the Great Hall and I see myself. My soulmate walks over to younger me and asks to sit and younger me says yes.

I sit up from my dream and wonder if my soulmate is Newt Scammander. He's also a Hufflepuff and I know he liked magical creatures back then.

Wednesday Night - Newt's POV

As soon as Newt's eyes close, the setting changes. It's Diagon Alley. A little girl in bright yellow robes is running around and I hear a muffled voice coming from my soulmate yell "Mia! Come on! Mom told us to meet her at Florean Fortescue's." The little girl replies "I thought we could go to where you work!" My soulmate replies "That's after ice cream silly." They go into Florean Fortescue's and order ice cream. They sit together and laugh. A woman walks in and joins them. They all look so familiar. It couldn't be? Could it? My soulmate hugs her sister and mom then starts walking to Flourish & Blotts.

Thursday Afternoon - Newt's POV

I need to visit Diagon Alley.
I grab my suitcase and leave my room.
Theseus stops me and asks "Where are you going?"
I answer "Diagon Alley."
He replies "Don't cause any trouble that I have to clean up please."
He hugs me then I walk off.
Of course he says that. Him and his Ministry working self. Geez.

I make it to Diagon Alley and I head to Flourish & Blotts. I stand outside and stare at the window. I can't believe I'm here. Also what if I'm wrong?!? What if Y/N is not my soulmate? This could be one big mistake. Ugh.

I turn to leave and hear "Newt?"
I turn back around and see Y/N.
She smiles and waves at me.
She asks "Sooo I suppose you're here because of the dreams?"
I nod.
She says "Okay. Give me one second."
She opens the door to Flourish & Blotts to yell "I'm taking my break now instead!"
She then closes the door and asks "Where do you want to go?"
I shrug and she says "Hmm... well I want lunch so let's go to the Leaky Cauldron. I'm hungry."
I follow her and we go inside.
We take a seat in the back where it's quieter and someone comes by to take our orders.

As we sit there, Y/N smiles at me before she asks "Soooo you think we're actually soulmates?"
I shrug and say "I hope."
She replies "Your dreams were so interesting. I found myself in places I remembered from Hogwarts to an Acromantula Lair."
I ask "What did you see in the lair?"
She answers "You spoke to the largest one and asked it questions. It told you that it didn't for sure trust you, but you were welcome to learn from them."
I reply "In real life, that's not how it happened. I do like that it turned out nicer for my dream. You see the head of Acromantulas kind of hated me. I've spent a few years trying to gain his trust. The question and answers only happened after I was bitten by a smaller spider."
She nods and asks "What were my dreams?"
I answer "Hogwarts and Diagon Alley mainly. The other night, you were in a cave saving a fairy."
She replies "Yes. I have my own private hideaway. You're welcome to see my creatures there. They would love to see someone other than me."
I ask "Has your sister seen them?"
She answers "No. She would immediately tell my mom and I fear what they would do to the creatures hidden there."
I nod.

I'm so glad Y/N is my soulmate :)

That night, both Y/N and Newt dream of each other.

........................................................................

THANKS FOR READING!!!