(Work It) Jake Taylor x Fem!Reader: Dance Partners

You're a top-notch dancer from NYC who just transferred to teach at Lil' Stompers where Jake Taylor works :)

** I don't own any of the characters, except for Y/N** Y/N = Your Name **

Jake's POV

I'm supposed to be showing a new recruit around the building today. I don't know why. I mean the place is 2 stories and everything has signs. Nevertheless I will wait for this person. I was also never given a name. I was just told to meet at my boss' door at 9AM.

As I wait, I put earbuds in and listen to music.
I tap a beat to the music and get lost in it.

I then hear my name being called out and see my boss standing with some girl. Wait?
I ask "Holy s***! Y/N?!?"
She asks "Yes and you're Jake Taylor?
I nod.
My boss exclaims "Ah you two have met already. Well this makes it easier. Jake, show her around and get her an employee's card. If you need me, I'll be in my office."
We both nod and my boss leaves.

Y/N says "I never thought I would see you again. Hasn't it been like 5 years since that competition?"
I answer "Ha yeah I think so. Crazy to think we both ended up at the same place."
She nods and I motion for her to follow me for the tour.

5 years ago, there was a big dancing competition when I was still in my prime. Y/N was one of the top dancers for females and I was one of the top dancers for males. She won 1st for females and I won 1st for males. We stood on the platform together smiling. I actually got to see her performance, which was beautiful. I've never seen someone move like her before & I fell in love with her dance style that day. I never thought I would see her again though :/ I wonder if she's still as good as she was.

We stop at the front desk first and she gets an employee card.

I then show her around the building and we end up in the room she's going to be teaching a contemporary dance class today. I think she's teaching another class later today too.

I say bye to her and I leave.

I go back down and teach kid's hip hop, which makes me excited about the new generation of dancers that are starting out. Some of them show real talent.

When class finishes, I notice Y/N leaning on the door watching. I smile and wave. She waves and walks into the room.
One little girl asks "Is that the dancer, Y/N?"
I nod and the little girl runs up to her.
She smiles and hugs the little girl.

When Y/N walks up to me, she asks "Hey! I'm sorry. Is this a bad time?"
I answer "Not at all. I just finished a class. I'm free. What's up?"
She asks "Well... I didn't want to bother our boss, but for lunch break, do I sign out? And also is there a good place to eat around here? I probably should've brought lunch today, but I didn't want to be late on the first day ya know."
I answer "Actually I know a few places. Want to go to one together?"
She nods and answers "That sounds great."

We leave and I take her to my favorite little café that is around the corner from the dance studio.

We order food and sit outside.
I ask "So what brought you to Lil' Stompers?"
She answers "Ooh that's a bit of a story. So at my prime which was maybe 5 or 6 years ago, I was in Los Angeles doing promo and shoots all day everyday. That eventually wore me out and I felt like I wasn't into dance as much. I took a job in New York City dancing, which reinvigorated that love of dancing for me. I loved every minute of it, but one day, everything just broke me down. I knew I needed to escape, but I didn't want to cut dance completely out of my life. I applied for a job at several well known dance studios in slightly smaller cities and this one seemed the best fit."
Wow. Damn.
I reply "That's quite a story."

After lunch, we head back and check back in.
She then leaves to go get ready for her hip hop class.
One of my coworkers walks up to me and asks "Wait? Was that the Y/N?"
I answer "Yeah she works here. Didn't you know?"
They shake their head and walk off.

That night, I pack my bag up and check out of the studio.
I see Y/N and walk up to her.
I ask "Wanna see something cool?"
She nods and follows me.
We drop stuff off at my car and I then show her where people mainly freestyle near the skate park.

Her jaw drops and she asks "Have you ever danced here before?"
I answer "Couple times yeah. They're super picky when it comes to songs they play and all that. But if you want to, I'm sure you could ask. If they know you or look you up, they'll give you a chance."
She replies "Sometimes I wish it wasn't like that, but I can be grateful for it I guess."
I nod.

We walk up and some of the guys recognize me. I shake their hands they meet Y/N. One guy looks her up on their phone and asks if she wants to freestyle and she says yes. I think they want to see if she's really all that.

They turn on music and she starts dancing. Her body just moves in one fluid motion and then she can control it. It's amazing seeing what she can do and her talent. You can tell how much her talent has grown.

I watch as the crowd gathers and it gets bigger as she dances.

People cheer her on as she finishes and several chant for a second dance. She walks up to me and asks "Wanna do this next one together?"
I answer "We've never danced together. Doesn't it worry you?"
She replies "Not at all. You can start off the dance and then I'll join as you go."
I reply "Well then let's do it!"
I step into the circle with Y/N and someone turns on music.

I start dancing and Y/N smiles at me.
We dance together as one and I think we did well for never dancing together.

As we finish, I notice all the phones out and I kind of hope the dance gets us some views and more dancers at Lil' Stompers.

A few days later ...

I get a call to head to my boss' office.
As I walk over there, Y/N joins me and asks "You going to see the boss too?"
I answer "Yeah. Wait you are?"
She nods.
Either this could be really good or really bad.

We enter the office and our boss says "You two are my most prized employees. Please don't tell the others I said that. A video recently went viral of you two and it has been bringing in more interested people to our studio. I wish one of you would've shouted the company out in a video, but nevertheless people found out who you are. Your chemistry in that video inspired me to possibly add a new class. I would like to offer you guys a new class to teach together. You can say yes or no. It won't hurt my feelings."
Wow.

We both agree and that starts a journey I'm excited to say ended in us dating. I finally got the courage to ask her out on a date :/

.........................................................................
THANKS FOR READING!!!

Hope you like it.
Work It was so good omg:)
Jordan Fisher is wow :) we stan!