Chapter Six

Newt and Eleanor stepped out into the street and looked at each other, linked arms, and apparated back to Eleanor's flat. They fell onto the couch together and laughed at what had just happened. 

"I can't believe I just did that! I can't believe I waited so long, I could've been getting paid to do nothing this whole time." Eleanor yelled at her ceiling and laughed. "Newt when are we leaving for Antarctica?"

"There's a portkey in Oxford leaving in three days on Friday at 8am. We'll take that to Samuel's camp he has set up. It shouldn't be too much of a walk, but we'll have to bundle up." Newt said.

"Is Samuel your friend?" Eleanor asked and Newt nodded. Eleanor thought that name sounded familiar, but there are plenty of other Samuels in the world that maybe it was just a coincidence. 

"Newt?" Eleanor said wearily.

"Hm?" He replied.

"Who do you think took your case yesterday?" She said.

"Not sure, Madam Malkin said she didn't recognize the man and the only thing she could remember is that he had on some kind of locket with a red emblem. It could have been anyone just trying to sell it for money and didn't realize what was actually inside of it." He said and chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just odd that we didn't realize someone took it in the first place." Eleanor said wrinkling her nose. She stood up and went into the kitchen. "Hungry?"

"I think I should be getting back to my place. I have a few things to tend to over there. You should start packing. We're going to be there for a couple of days." Newt said as he also stood up and grabbed his case. He walked over to Eleanor and stuck out his hand.

"It was a pleasure, Eleanor. Thank you for your hospitality. I suppose I'll see you soon." He said and gave Eleanor's hand a squeeze and apparated out of her apartment.

Eleanor made herself a sandwich and sat her table and picked up the daily prophet. Nothing important, she thought while standing up to wash her plate. She walked to her bedroom and opened her closet. Winters in London could get pretty cold, but nothing could be compared to where she's traveling to. She needed to do some shopping. She grabbed her jacket and apparated to Diagon Alley once again.

She stopped in front of Gringotts and decided to take out everything in her vault, knowing it would be filled again in two weeks. Eleanor walked over towards Madam Malkins and went inside. She needed to find the warmest jacket and cloak. 

"Good evening Madam Malkin, nice to see you again." Eleanor said walking up to the counter with her arms full. "Can you help measure these for me?"

"Of course of course! Step right on up on this stool," She motioned and her tape measurer was flying all around doing its work. She hemmed a few places in the cloak and soon, it fit Eleanor perfectly.

"Madam Malkin? Has that man that gave you the case been back at all?" Eleanor asked curiously.

"Nope, I haven't seen him since. It's a good thing really. He creeped me out big time." She said while ringing Eleanor up. She paid, wished her a good day and moved on to her next shop, Twilfitt and Tattings. 

She opened the door and went inside. She found a few pairs of pants, it wasn't exactly proper for women to wear pants, but Eleanor could not imagine wearing a skirt in the negative degree weather while trudging through snow. She found a nice pair of boots, ones with fleece lining and grabbed a couple pairs of wool socks. She placed her items at the counter and went back to look at the sweaters. She picked out a blue, orange, and even found her favorite color yellow. She was just about to go to the counter to pay for her items when something caught her eye. 

It was the most beautiful dress Eleanor had ever seen. It was a bright candy red dress with red beadings, knee length with fringe at the end, and decorated with pearl jewelry. Eleanor had never been able to afford something like this and has never even thought about buying something so fancy, but now she could. She checked her pockets making sure she would have money leftover and grabbed the dress along with the jewelry. 

She brought her finds to the man at the counter and grinned at him. He didn't say a word to her. Some people in these shops could be so rude to women. She realized it was probably because she was buying three pairs of pants. Only women who worked bought pants and that was frowned upon. Eleanor didn't care; she payed the man and even gave him a tip to rub it in his face a bit then walked out and apparated home.

She walked into her bedroom and pulled out her traveling trunk when she heard a little squeak. She totally forgot that Pickett was still hanging out in her sweater. He must be hungry!

"Oh Pickett! Why didn't you speak up when we were out? I don't know if I have anything around here for you to eat!" Eleanor whined at Pickett who was clearly hangry and blowing raspberries at her with his tiny, but super cute, tongue. 

She went to her cupboards and poked around, looking for anything the little bowtruckle could snack on until Newt came back. She walked into her bathroom and picked a few leaves off of her sugar shrub and went back to see Pickett dramatically laying on her table while rubbing his stomach.

"Here Pickett, try these!" Eleanor said as she placed some leaves in front of him. He picked one up, sniffed it, and took a bite. He seemed to enjoy it and she watched him curiously while scribbling in her journal that bowtruckles, in fact, liked  sugar shrub leaves. She let him climb back onto her shoulder as she went back into her bedroom to pack her belongings.

She opened the trunk and used her wand to refold and place her clothes in, followed by her scarf, mittens, and earmuffs. She added her fathers pocket watch and placed her journal on top. She closed the trunk and placed it by the front door all ready to go. Eleanor walked to the kitchen and stared out the window. 

This is going to be a long three days, she thought as she grabbed her tea, a book, and curled up on the couch.