Chapter Forty Nine

"Bunty! I'm going to Paris!" Eleanor exclaimed after another two days of not hearing anything from Newt or her friends.

"Okay! Wait! No!" She said and ran in to try and stop Eleanor.

"Eleanor! You are five months pregnant! You can't go out there. You heard what Newt said. It's not safe." Bunty exclaimed.

"Which is why I need to go! They need help!" Eleanor said while shoving her wand into its holster.

"You don't know where they are!" Bunty said.

"I'm going to take the broom. I'll find them." She said as she made her way to the backyard.

"El, you're talking crazy. You can't fly on a broom!" She said.

"Well what do you reckon I do?" She snapped at Bunty. "Sorry..."

"Listen El, I'm sure they're fine. I think you just need to be patient." Bunty said.

"But I can't. I need to see him." Eleanor replied and grabbed her broom. "I'll be back soon."

"Wait! El! Take this." Bunty handed her a card.

"What's this?" Eleanor asked.

"It's a safe house. In case things get... really bad." Bunty said.

Eleanor took off despite Bunty's pleas for her to stay. She was in the city in no time, but Bunty was right about one thing. She had no idea where they could be. Eleanor looked at the card in her hand. A safe house? Maybe she should start here. Just when she was about to start walking, she saw something that made her shiver.

Sheets of black began draping over the city. Could no one else see this? She walked over to it and let her hand brush across it. It was Grindelwald's invitation to his rally. He's here.

Eleanor walked quickly to an entrance into the ministry, but was quickly overwhelmed with everything going down at the moment. No one had a moment to help her with directions, but to be fair she didn't know where she needed directions to. She paced and walked through a hallway towards a few offices and she got a glimpse of someone familiar.

"Theseus!" She yelled, but the man didn't turn around. He was running, she tried to keep up. Next thing she knows is she saw Theseus get slung backwards in a chair.

"Theseus!" She yelled again and he turned.

"Eleanor!" He yelled back. "It's Newt!"

"What? Newt's here?" She asked him while untying him from the chair.

"He's with Tina, I don't know what they're up to." Theseus said.

"Eleanor?" She heard her name called and spun around to see Leta.

"Leta!" She said. "I'm so happy I found people I know. I was so worried I wasn't going to be able to find anyone."

"What's going on," Leta asked. "You should be home resting El."

"It's Newt and Tina. They're here. They went through there." Leta followed Theseus' finger towards the records room.

"I got this." Leta said and ran towards the room.

"Should we... stay here?" Eleanor asked Theseus who just shrugged.

"She can handle it... I think. Do you know what he's after?" He asked her.

"Something with Credence." She replied and shortly after waiting a group of men and women came strutting by.

"Theseus! We need you. It's time," One of the men said.