Chapter Twenty Six

"Samuel, you know that's not what I meant!" Eleanor stammered as she tried to convince the older man to join their movement. Newt had left them to talk while he used his creatures as an excuse to disappear for a bit.

"Dumbledore is using you!" Samuel said exasperated. 

"I'd rather be used for a good cause than none at all!" Eleanor said back to him. 

"You don't know even know what the cause is for Ellie! You're just following Newt around like a puppy agreeing with everything he has to say!" Samuel argued. 

"I do not! You know that's not true! We're going to be entering a war Sam! A bad one at that; you're going to need to pick a side eventually! Might as well be the right one." Eleanor stated.

"A war? You think there's going to be a war? Grindelwald is..." He began and shook his head laughing.

"Grindelwald is what, Samuel?" She demanded.

"He has a plan for us! Eleanor! Dammit! Why can't you see that he has a plan for our kind to be above them! Above muggles! He says if we support him, there won't be a war! Don't you want that?!" He yelled at her and her eyes went wide. She could not believe what she was hearing. Samuel had just confessed to her that he a follower of the infamous Gellert Grindelwald. He took a step towards her as he read her reaction. She took two steps back and drew her wand.

"You need to leave." She said in a low menacing tone.

"Ellie, cmon. We can talk about this." The man said as he inched closer and Eleanor spotted him draw his wand. 

"Samuel I want you off of this mission now. You need to get out of here!" She screamed at him now and raised her wand at him.

"Ellie, now don't be a little brat." He sneered at her with a smug smile on his face. 

"He's a murderer! He murders innocent people Sam! How do you support someone like that?" She asked him harshly. 

"How could you not support someone who wants to end war and raise among the muggles, Ellie? Don't you want to be on top?" He asked her and waited for her response. 

"You disgust me. No wonder my mother dropped you so many years ago. She saw through you. She knew who you truly are Samuel. Abhorrent, repugnant, hateful piece of shit. " She gritted her teeth with her wand still raised. As she said the last word, Samuel finally lost it as he screamed in frustration and threw a nasty curse towards Eleanor. Expecting it, she deflected it easily while using her hand to throw the table at him. He did not see that coming. 

Samuel lay unconscious on the ground and the table landed several feet away from him. 

"Newt!" Eleanor screamed. "Newt!"

She slowly approached Samuels body and poked it with her wand. New stuck his head out at this moment and gasped. 

"Merlins beard! Eleanor what on earth happened!?" He yelled and ran over to her side. "Is he-?"

"No. Newt he- he..." Eleanor's face turned red and tears threatened to spill out of her eyes. "Samuel is one of Grindelwalds followers." She whispered loud enough for him to hear. 

"No. That can't be?" Newt questioned her, but her face said it all. She wouldn't let herself get this upset over nothing. It was true. Samuel was one of them.

"Newt, I'm sorry. I know he was a really good friend of yours." She looked at the man who now looked angry. 

"Did he hurt you?" He asked. 

"No, he tried to. He sent a wicked curse at me." Eleanor said lowly. Newt tensed up and balled his fists. 

"We need to get out of here." Newt said.