Chapter Twenty Four

"El?!" Newt called from the bottom of stairs. Eleanor was just about finished packing her purse with all of the essentials.

"What?" She yelled back to him.

"Are you almost done? We need to leave in less than five minutes or else we're going to miss our portkey!" He yelled up. Eleanor zipped her purse shut and fastened it over her shoulder. Today she had on a light baby blue knee length dress and her usual mary jane heels. 

The last couple of days leading up to the trip were nothing too special. The pair had a routine going for them now which mainly consisted of taking care of the creatures and every once in a while having a duel in the backyard. Quieter days included some light reading, getting slightly drunk, and dancing their way up to the bedroom where the real magic seemed to happen. 

"Coming!" She yelled as she ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. Newt handed her a piece of toast and she ate it quickly and downed a cup of tea. Bunty had walked through the front door right on schedule and hung her coat up on the coat rack. 

"Morning Bunty! How are you this morning?" Eleanor said while poking her head out of the kitchen. Bunty turned to greet Eleanor and blushed.

"Morning," She said back and came into the kitchen. Newt waved at her and pulled out a notebook with Bunty's to do list. 

"Bunty, I just have a small list of things for you. Nothing too crazy." He handed her the note and watched her bounce down to the basement after wishing them a safe trip. "Ready?"

Eleanor nodded and Newt hooked his arm around her waist and apparated. They were in a dark alley and began walking out to the busy street. Greenwich was a decent place and Eleanor had been here quite a few times with her father to pick up certain types of fish. They walked down Calvert Road and into an old apartment building. The walls were covered in mold and on the verge of crumpling to the ground. They turned a corner and walked up the stairs to find number 82. 

"Alohomora," Newt said and the door swung open and they walked inside. It was just a single studio apartment with nothing except a table with a silver handed mirror placed on it. 

"Just as Dumbledore said," Eleanor said and picked it up to check herself out. 

"You're still beautiful, don't worry love," Newt said and wrapped his arms around her to see both their reflections in the mirror.

"We're a good looking couple,"Eleanor giggled.

"Samuel is meeting us here, right?" Eleanor asked while checking Newt's pocket watch. Two minutes until the portkey left.

"Yes he is," A familiar voice said and the couple turned around to see the one and only, Samuel waltz through the door. 

"Good timing," Newt said and stuck out his hand, but Samuel went in for a good hug. 

"Nice to see you, always Newt." He said and turned to Eleanor with a huge grin on his face.

"Ellie!  You look beautiful as always. Aren't you cold in a dress like that?" He asked and looked at her outfit.

"Slightly yes, but I didn't want to over pack. Egypt in November is still 70 degrees." She smiled at the old man. She gave him a hug and quick peck on the cheek when they heard the rattling.

"Everyone hold on tightly now. Don't need to lose anyone before we even get there," Newt said while reaching out the mirror. Eleanor held Newt's hand tightly and Samuel held her waist. Both men knew the reaction Eleanor had when she traveled by portkey and they both reminded her to close her eyes. She did as she was told and as they left, Eleanor felt like she was being pulled in every single direction at the same. She hit the ground hard on her butt and groaned.