Chapter Twenty Two

Eleanor woke up the following morning tangled in between Newt and the bed sheets, smiling to herself as she recalled last nights events. Newt had popped open a few bottles of beer and about halfway through dancing to Esther Walker's album, things started getting heavy as they found themselves in the bedroom. Newt was so good with her, making sure what he was doing was okay while making sure she was comfortable. What came next for Eleanor was breathtaking, exhilarating, and electrifying. She couldn't have imagined her first time being any more perfect than last night.

"Morning," Newt murmured in a deep, husky, morning voice and rolled over to keep Eleanor from getting out of bed.

"Morning love," She said back to him and nuzzled her head on his chest. She outlined a few of his scars and gave them some kisses which gave Newt the chills.

"Have I told you how much I adore you?" He asked her while twirling a strand of hair in his fingers.

"Almost everyday," Eleanor replied while sitting up and swinging her legs out of bed.

"Where are you going?" Newt whined like a puppy while pretending to look hurt.

"To take a shower," Eleanor stood up, but before closing the door she stuck her head out. "You can join me if you'd like."

Eleanor was using her wand to blow dry her hair and pointed it at Newt to do his also. She placed her curls and played with her makeup a bit. She walked out in her towel to look for an outfit for the day. She threw on her plaid trousers, tucked in a white blouse, fastened a black belt that cinched her waist and pulled Newt's locket out from under her shirt. 

Newt came out with a towel wrapped around his waist with his toothbrush sticking out of his mouth and walked over to his dresser. 

"You look nice," He said while brushing his teeth.

"You look better," Eleanor grinned while clipping on her earrings. She only had one pair left because the niffler kept stealing them off her when she wasn't paying attention and she didn't want to upset him by taking them back. She grabbed her brown oxfords and lace them up while using her wand to close her closet door. She also waved her wand at Newt which made his towel fall down revealing a very very white bum.

"Classy, Eleanor," Newt said while throwing on his clothes. Newt had put on a white dress shirt which was tucked into black dress pants. He clipped on his suspenders and turned to Eleanor who was still chuckling at her little prank.

"Couldn't help it, sorry," She giggled and pulled on his suspenders and let go to slap him. 

"Ow! Must you always hurt me?" Newt yelled at her while she was already running down the hall to get away from him. He bolted after her without even putting his shoes on and ran out to follow her in the backyard.

"What are you doing?" He yelled at her.

"You said we'd practice! Remember?" She yelled back from the other side of the yard with her wand in her hand.

"I don't have shoes on!" Newt yelled back and sighed seeing as he was going to have to duel barefoot. He pulled out his wand and waited for Eleanor to make the first move. 

"Wait, since we're practicing I want to work on non verbal spells," She said and dropped her wand. Newt took advantage of her lack of confidence and shot a spell at her and at the very last second, Eleanor deflected it.

"What's that? Can't hear you?" Newt chuckled and shot another at her. He was determined to win this time. Eleanor dodged this curse quickly and shot a non verbal spell toward him. She had never used one in a duel and wasn't sure if it would work, but low and behold she had done it. She wanted to try something a little more trickier this time. She blocked another one of Newt's spells. He really wasn't holding back this time as she blocked one more.