Chapter Seventeen

"Tomorrow I'm meeting with Dumbledore. Did you want to come?" Newt asked Eleanor while reading the Daily Prophet at the kitchen table. It was a few days after their argument and they've just been keeping busy with Newt's creatures. Nothing crazy had been going on except mama graphorn was pregnant again!

"I would love to Newt. I kind of miss it there to be honest. It will be nice to see some of the professors. What's the meeting about?" She asked him.

"Not sure, he just sent an invitation with a time and date. You know him... always a mystery." Newt said and took a sip of his tea and put down the prophet.

"Any plans for today?" Eleanor asked him while also taking a sip of her coffee. Newt shook his head.

"Nothing too exciting really. I was thinking about taking a trip to Diagon Alley. I'd love for you to join me," He said and smiled at her.

"Right now?" She asked.

"Mhm," He nodded. Eleanor stood up and waved her hand at the cup to make it disappear.

"I think I left my scarf in the basement. I'll be right back," She walked down the stairs and looked for her scarf. She started getting annoyed when she noticed some yellow threads spilling out from a nest.

"Oh Dougal! Look at what you did to my scarf," Eleanor giggled while walking over to Dougal's nest. He was wrapped up in Eleanors scarf and it was torn in a few spots. She wasn't going to be able to wear it anymore, but it wasn't the end of the world. The demiguise opened it's eyes, sat up, and stretched its arms out to Eleanor like a baby would when it wanted to get picked up. Naturally Eleanor embraced Dougal and let him cuddle her a bit.

"You know Dougal, I never really thanked you for introducing me to such an amazing person. You're the real reason Newt and I are together now and I love you so so much for doing that. I really feel like he is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I know I know, it's still so early in the relationship, but you believe in love at first sight right? " Eleanor said and kissed Dougal on his head while his eyes flashed a brilliant blue. What Eleanor didn't know is that Newt was standing behind her, watching, and listening to everything she had just said to the demiguise.

"What's matter babe, is something going to happen?" She asked him while turning around suddenly realizing Newt was standing behind her. "Merlin's beard Newt, you scared me."

"I- er sorry. I forgot to check on Elsie." He said while moving past her. Eleanor flushed and looked at Dougal. 

"He heard everything I just said, didn't he?" She asked Dougal and he nodded his head. 

"Can I put you back in?" Eleanor asked and Dougal nodded again. Eleanor placed him back into his bed and snuggled back into her scarf.

"Did he take your scarf El?" Newt asked coming up behind her. 

"Yes, but that's alright. It's just an excuse to have to go into Hogsmeade tomorrow when we visit Hogwarts." She said.

"We would've gone either way. Honeydukes never gets old." Newt said while tucking in a stray piece of hair behind Eleanor's ear. "Just so you know, I believe in love at first sight too."

Eleanor smiled at him as he bent down to kiss her forehead. 

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm ready," She said while tugging on his jacket a bit to pull him closer to her. He smelled like... cinnamon, fresh parchment, and if you stand close enough you can get a tiny hint of pine.

"Are you smelling me El?" Newt chuckled.

"I would never," She giggled and inhaled dramatically making sure Newt knew she was in fact smelling him.