Chapter Twenty One

Eleanor looked left and right and left again, but couldn't spot Newt anywhere. She decided to walk to the next shop over which was Zonkos. Newt loved pranks and she wouldn't put it past him if he were in here. He was probably picking some equipment up from Dervish and Bangs if he wasn't in here. Eleanor walked, but didn't see Newt anywhere in the store. She decided to buy a few dungbombs and nose biting tea cups and walked back out to the street. It was starting to snow and Eleanor was getting a little chilly in her dress.

She was walking over to the next shop when she saw Newt walking towards her with his hands in his pocket.

"Newt! Where did you go? I was a little worried." Eleanor said to him. 

"Sorry, I had to pick up some things from Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop. Needed a few quills and a fresh journal. I didn't mean to worry you," He said and wrapped his arm around her waist. 

"I just get worried that one day you'll disappear and I'll never see you again..." Eleanor trailed off while walking alongside him. 

"I would never leave you, Eleanor." He said as he stopped her and turned her to face him.

"You fill an empty space deep in my life. You truly are my soulmate and I wish to be with you forever. I have been at my best and worst with you. Even when I'm moody and annoying, you deal with me with patience. Your love is constant and I need you Eleanor. I'm not going anywhere," He said and gave her a peck on the lips. She looked over her shoulder and gasped. He followed her gaze and laughed.

"Aren't those the kids you showed the passageway to?" He asked her. 

"Yup." She said.

"Are you going to stop them?" He asked.

"Nope. I want a butterbeer," She said and they made their way to The Three Broomsticks. They walked in and said hello to the bartender while ordering two butterbeers. They slipped into a booth in the corner away from everyone else for a little bit of privacy.

"Can we still practice dueling tomorrow?" Eleanor asked hesitantly.

"Sure, are you okay?" Newt asked her knowing something was clearly bothering her.

"A little nervous about this trip." She admitted while fiddling with her drink.

"Why?" He asked while turning his head to the side like a golden retriever.

"It's my first big trip that sounds dangerous." She said and took a sip of her butterbeer.

"El, you fought off three yetis our last trip. You're gonna be fine," He said and pulled a napkin out to wipe her white foamy mustache away. She blushed and giggled at him.

"Yeti's can't fire back spells like wizards can. Dumbledore said they were skilled wizards." She said.

"You are a skilled witch El. I hate to admit this, but I'd like to remind you that you respectfully beat my ass back there.... with ease." He said and Eleanor smirked at him which made him regret what he just said. He was never going to hear the end of that.

"I know I know. I just get worried about these things." She practically whispered. Newt held her hand.

"We'll practice, okay?" He said while squeezing her hand and letting go. They finished their drinks and got up to head back out. 

"Anywhere else?" Eleanor asked him.

"Nope, do you want to go home?" He asked her. 

"Yeah probably. It's getting late." She answered and they linked arms to apparate home.

Once home, they unlocked their door and headed inside. Eleanor hung her coat up on the rack and slipped out of her Mary Janes. They headed into the kitchen and she put her purse on the table and began digging through it. She had an extension charm on it, so it was full of the most random things and was difficult to find what she was looking for in it. 

"What are you looking for?" Newt asked and Eleanor turned around with a small box in her hand and a large smile on her face.

"This. It's for you. Open it," She smiled and placed the box in his hands. He gave her a questionable look, but opened it up and was truly astonished at what she was giving him.

"Eleanor you did not..." He said. "I can't accept this."

"Don't be silly love, I know you wanted it." She said and watched him admire the pocket watch he was looking at back in Hogsmeade. 

"I- Thank you El, truly. No one has ever gotten me such a nice gift." He said and gave her a huge hug.

"Well now you have a girlfriend who loves to spoil you," She said and pulled out her other gift for him. She held out the socks to him and watched him fall in love with her all over again.

"Are those... Bowtruckles on socks?" He laughed and threw his hand in his hair. "I love them!"

Again Newt hugged her and placed the gifts on the table. What he didn't know is that those socks scream when they get too smelly and she couldn't wait for him to find that out.

"I actually have something for you too..." He said and pulled out a small jewelry box from his pocket. 

"When I... went missing before. I wasn't getting a journal. I had this custom made for you at Jocale's Jewelry Shop." He said and opened up the box to reveal a golden, oval locket with a blue sapphire... it reminded Eleanor of...

"I picked that gem because it reminded me of Dougal and he's the one that led me to you." He finished her thoughts. She opened the locket and was blown away. The locket projected all of Newt's creatures as if she was in his case.

"Newt I am absolutely speechless." Eleanor said. "I love this so much, thank you. Will you help me put it on?" She asked as she handed the necklace over to Newt and turned around. She moved her hair off to the side and she shivered when she felt Newt's hands touch he skin. She had never been so in love with someone before. 

"Beautiful," Newt whispered and kissed her neck softly. She turned back to him and was immediately captured by his lips. This kiss wasn't like their others. It was hot. It was heavy. It was filled with love and lust and passion. 

"Oh Merlin! I'm so sorry I didn't realize you were home!" Eleanor heard someone say from behind them. She withdrew her lips and wiped some spit from her mouth and blushed. 

"Bunty! Oh I'm the one who's sorry. I didn't realize you were still here. I would've come down to help. You can clock off now." Newt said with his face in his hands.

"Oh um right. Well the kelpie needs it's ointment and that'll be all." She said and looked towards Eleanor.

"Bunty this is Eleanor, Eleanor this is my assistant, Bunty," Newt said a little nervous. "We're going to be going on a trip soon. Can you take care of the creatures on the 12th to the 14th in the morning? We'll be back that afternoon." Newt asked.

"Oh course, Newt.. Anything else?" She asked hopefully.

"Nope that's all. You're good to go. Thanks for your help today." Newt said and Eleanor watched her grab her jacket and head out.

"Now..." Eleanor started while grabbing Newt's shirt and unbuttoning it. "Where were we?"