Chapter Forty Five

"El, why don't you come and rest. Please, come here." Newt tried comforting the distraught girl as they watched the aurors take the body from her dining room. Theseus went with them, although Leta stayed back. Eleanor had slumped back into her chair and her eyes were closed. After a few minutes of trying to get her up, Eleanor stood while holding onto Newt's arm and let him lead her into the living room. "It's over El, he won't bother you anymore."

"He killed them." She whispered. "He-" She began sobbing and Newt pulled her closer to him and decided to apparate them to their bedroom. She would appreciate the privacy. 

Downstairs, the rest of their guests helped clean up the mess. The food that was ruined was thrown away... which was near all of it. Queenie tried her best to whip something up to replace their meal. Tina fixed the broken furniture, Bunty and her parents replaced everyones drinks, and Leta got rid of the blood that was left on the floor from Samuel. Newt came back downstairs. 

"She's resting now. I don't think she's up for dinner right now. I am so sorry about your evening." Newt tried apologizing. 

"Nonsense honey, if you knew this was going to happen, you would've stopped it." Queenie reassured him and gave him a hug. She was the only one that understood the pain this man put them through. "Come sit down, let's try and enjoy the rest of our dinner."

Everyone ate silently. Not wanting to talk about what happened, but they were also curious about what had happened prior to this man showing up in their home. Theseus didn't return and after they had finished eating, Leta excused herself and bid everyone a good night. Shortly after, Bunty's parents left as well and Bunty went to bed. 

"Newt, if you want to talk about this, we can." Queenie said. It was only her and Tina in the living room with him now. 

"I don't even know where to begin." He said with his hands in his hair.

"Start with your trip to Egypt." Queenie said and with that, Newt explained everything.  Queenie knew it before he spoke it, but Tina was almost in tears when he finished telling Eleanor's story. 

"You forgot a part." They heard a voice come from the stairs and they turned to see Eleanor climbing down. Newt rushed to her side, but she waved him off. As she got closer, they could see her face was red and puffy like she had been crying. 

"I had a vision. When he died." She spoke cautiously and they heard Queenie gasp. She saw this when she read the mans mind before and planned on telling Eleanor. This could not be good. 

"El?" Newt asked while taking her hands in his. 

"I saw something, when he died it was as if his memories became mine. He showed me something... awful. Memories of him and Grindelwald, growing up together. Dumbledore was there too, but Samuel was always with Grindelwald. They were close... because they were brothers. 

"That's why he supported him so much." Tina said. 

"That's not all though." Queenie said and gave Eleanor a sympathetic smile. 

"Samuel was in love with my mom. He placed a very powerful love spell on her, one where she had no control over her body. For months, they lived in his happy world until she got pregnant. Thinking that she wouldn't be able to leave him, he took the spell off of her." She said and took a break. "My mom fled the second she could, moved to Ireland where she met my father. She convinced him that she was pregnant with his baby. Merlin, I can't believe this. Samuel was my biological father... making Grindelwald my uncle." 

Newt and Tina looked at her with wide eyes, but knew there was not a drop of bad blood in her body. 

"Samuel found my parents before I went back to school. He made them vow to be devoted to his brother or else he would kill them. They followed his directions for years until my last year. They followed his direction, but he was still in love with my mom. He killed my dad first and then my mom when she tried to kill him."

"Ellie, baby I'm so sorry love." Newt whispered in her ear. "You are nothing like him. Don't ever think for a moment you are."

"We know you El. We are your family." Queenie said. 

"We love you dearly." Tina said. 

"I- I'm so sorry for tonight." She said. 

"Oh El, please don't apologize." Tina said. 

"I had plans to ask you all to be in my wedding." She cried. 

"Well, of course we will silly." Queenie mused. Everyone was silent for a few minutes before Tina stood up and announced she'd be going to bed and Queenie followed. 

"Come on, love, let's go to bed." Newt said and pulled her up. She stood for a second before wrapping her arms around Newt's neck. 

"I love you so much." She whispered in his ear and he hugged her tighter than ever before. 

"I love you more," He replied.