Chapter Fifty Two

"Negative," Eleanor shook her head while coming into the bedroom Newt was patiently waiting in. They had been trying for weeks to conceive, but there were no blessings in their home. 

No one had heard from Queenie and Tina was about to pack up and go back to America with Jacob. 

"You don't have to go." Eleanor had said while stepping into Tina's bedroom.  

"I feel bad taking up your lives." Tina responded while folding a sweater. 

"Oh my gosh, you're not. Tina, I love having you and Jacob here. I think..."  She trailed off. 

"What?" 

"I think we need to get back out there. We've been hiding for months now scared of the world that's out there. How is that going to help?" She questioned. 

"I don't know what we can do to help."  

"Maybe it's time to pay Dumbledore a visit. We need to do something." Eleanor said.  "Please don't leave."

Tina sighed and sat on the bed. 

"I need work, Ellie. I can't stay cooped inside here." Tina said. 

"Well how would you feel about working for our ministry?  As an auror of course. You know Theseus-"

"I know Theseus." Tina laughed. "He actually offered me a spot on the team."

"What?  Well why are you leaving?" Eleanor asked. 

"Because I just...  I miss my sister." 

"I miss her too..." She sat next to Tina. 

"Do you think she's going to come back?" Tina asked.  

"I've been thinking about it for a while and... I don't think she can. Not while under Grindelwald. She'd have to really play him right to get out from his grip."  Eleanor said. 

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that." Tina replied. 

"I'm  sorry..."

"Don't be. At least you say what's on your mind. The others just try and feed me hope." Tina wiped a tear and rolled her eyes. "I'll let Jacob know we're staying."

"Ellie?" She heard a voice call from downstairs. 

"Yes Bunty?" She called back. 

"The nifflers are out again!"

"Oh Merlin's beard. Not again!" Eleanor rushed out to go help Bunty and Tina was right on her heels. 

"Oh no you don't!" She said while snatching up a baby before it could steal another spoon. 

"I got one!" Tina smiled after scooping up another baby digging in the coin jar. 

"Isn't this more exciting than America?" Eleanor bumped her with her elbow as they returned the small family to their burrow. 

"Where's Newt?" Tina asked while she was helping Eleanor set the table for dinner. 

"He's at the ministry with Theseus. They finally lifted his travel ban since he accepted to help their team." Eleanor replied. 

"So does this mean another adventure?" Tina asked. 

"Yes, it does." She heard Newt say while coming into the kitchen with Theseus behind him. 

"Hi dear," Eleanor greeted him with a soft peck on the cheek.

"Where's my whiskey?" He asked her while setting his briefcase down and kicking his shoes off.