Chapter Nineteen

Eleanor awoke the next morning to an empty bed with no Newt. Sad and a little confused, Eleanor threw off the covers and walked over to her closet to pick out some clothes for the day. Scotland was about 500 miles North, so it was probably going to be a bit chilly. She tugged on her stockings up to her thighs to clip them to her garter belt. She pulled out a silky, peach colored bustier and hooked it around her back. What she didn't realize was a certain someone standing in the doorway checking her out.

"You are so beautiful," Eleanor jumped at hearing Newt's voice. 

"Merlin! Newt you scared me half to death!" She blushed and he walked over to her. He looked very nice in his suit. It wasn't often they get to take the day off, so when they did, they made sure to look their best. Newt was wearing a brown tweed suit and switched his bowtie out for a burgundy colored tie.

"Sorry about that, I was just checking to see if you were awake. I didn't realize a show came with it," He said while wrapping her in his arms and peppering her neck with little kisses which made her giggle.

"Do you have someone to come take care of your creatures when you go away?" Eleanor asked while going into her closet to pick out a dress.

"Actually yes. Her name is Bunty. She'll be here tonight to feed them dinner, you might meet her if we get back in time." Newt said. Eleanor wondered why he never mentioned her, but didn't push it to him. She picked out a pretty tea length dress in a warm strawberry red color.

"I was hoping you'd choose that one, I love that color on you," Newt said and Eleanor shot him a look.

"Okay okay I'll get out!" Newt put his hands up in defense and backed out the door nearly tripping on the carpet. Eleanor laughed and threw on the dress and added her pearl jewelry. She quickly did her makeup and checked herself out in the mirror. She grabbed a long black coat and Mary Janes and headed down the stairs to see what Newt was up to. She walked into the kitchen and saw him placing down some porridge on the kitchen table.

"Breakfast?" He asked. Eleanor sat down and smiled at him. He was too good to her. Newt picked up the Daily Prophet and propped it open revealing Gellert Grindewalds face on the front page. Eleanor hoped that he would be caught soon. He gave her the heebie jeebies.

Eleanor finished her porridge and waved it away. Recently, she had started practicing wandless magic and has been getting pretty good at it. She's really only been able to accio, transfigure, and levitate things, but she was pretty proud of herself for learning something new.

"If we were to get into a duel, who would win?" Eleanor asked him curiously.

"Why are you asking me this? Are we going to duel in the living room?" He asked back.

"Just wondering," Eleanor giggled.

"Well I haven't really seen your dueling, so I'm going to say myself until you prove me wrong." Newt said back to her with a cocky grin on his face.

"No creatures, just wands, tomorrow night in the backyard," Eleanor grinned at him and she swear she saw him panic a bit when she said no creatures.

"But my creatures are my secret weapon!" Newt exclaimed.

"Not this time they aren't!" She laughed. "Is it time to get going?"

"I believe so, let's go see what this is going to be about. You really never know what you're getting yourself into when Dumbledore asks to see you." Newt said and stood up to grab his jacket and case.

"Good to go?" He asked and she nodded as he put his hand around her waist and apparated away. They appeared on the bridge in front of the castle and Eleanor couldn't stop herself from smiling. She missed this place so much since it was like her second home when she was growing up. They made their way to the main entrance and saw some students sticking their heads out the window to check out who their visitors were. Newt grabbed onto Eleanors hand and they walked through the doors.