Chapter Forty Four

"Newton! I told you to let Shep and the others out back! Our guests are going to be here any minute!" Eleanor yelled at the man who was sitting on the couch reading the paper as she ran around like a chicken with her head cut off. This was her first Thanksgiving in years where she had people to celebrate with and it had to be perfect. 

"Eleanor, take a breath. The place looks gorgeous." Newt assured. 

"It won't if the creatures keep hopping around on the furniture. Come on you lot, into the back. Let's go now." She said while ushering them all through the back door. She heard footsteps coming down from the stairs and saw Bunty come into the kitchen. She looked adorable in her brown skirt and cream sweater. 

"That looks nice on you," Eleanor said and tucked her tag in that was sticking out from her sweater. 

"Thank you, Ellie. My parents will be here in about thirty minutes. They're probably using the floo." She mentioned and looked around. "Wow it looks gorgeous in here. You really outdid yourself."

"I'm glad you think so. It's my first time hosting and I want it to be perfect. I'm going to go upstairs and get changed." Eleanor said before turning to Newt. "Are you going to change?"

"Do I need to?" He asked her while looking down at his outfit and Eleanor just shrugged meaning that he definitely had to go change. 

Eleanor wandered up to their bedroom smiling to herself. Their house looked just as she had imagined it and all it was missing were a few kids running around. She stepped into her closet and picked out the outfit she had been planning to wear. 

She had slipped into a black fitting dress that showed off her baby bump. She was about four and a half months along and it was actually starting to show... even the mood swings. After clipping her mary janes on, which were bound to be off and forgotten about in two hours, she fixed up her makeup and went back downstairs. 

"Ellie! These are my parents! Louise and Richard," Bunty introduced her to her family and she gave them both a warm hug. 

"Pleasure to meet you both. Truly, I absolutely adore your daughter. She's been such a great help with Newt and me."Eleanor gushed about their daughter as if they didn't know how great of a person she was. 

"Nice to meet you too dear, you both have a lovely home." Louise said and Eleanor handed her a glass of wine. There was a rush of green flames from the fireplace and out popped a couple Eleanor had yet to meet, but had been waiting months for. 

"Newt! It's been too long!" The man said and hugged his brother tightly. Eleanor giggled as she watched Newt try to squirm away. "Bunty, nice to see you again. And you must be the lovely Eleanor!"

"That'd be me," Eleanor said awkwardly, but still walked over and gave him a hug. She turned to the woman standing besides him. "You must be Leta, shall we get you a glass of wine?" 

The two girls walked into the kitchen and laughed as Theseus messed up Newt's hair. 

"He spent twenty minutes trying to get his hair to sit right," Eleanor laughed and Leta did as well. "What kind would you like? I've got a million different kinds here."

"Must run in the family. Theseus takes longer than I do to get ready. I'll have anything white. I don't want a red wine stain on my blouse," She said.

"That's why I wore black. I always end up with some sort of stain by the end of the night." Eleanor said while handing Leta a glass. 

"You're not going to have a glass?" Leta asked curiously. Eleanor gave her a soft smile before placing her hand on her stomach. "Oh Merlin, I'm so sorry I didn't know! Congratulations! Theseus didn't tell me."