Chapter Thirty Six

"Eleanor are you awake?" Newt opened the bedroom door to find an empty bed. He walked towards the bathroom and heard the water running from inside and saw the hot steam coming in through the cracks. "Ellie, when you're ready, I'll be down in the kitchen. We need to talk about something."

"Sure thing," He heard Eleanor say and then the water shut off. Newt made his way into the kitchen to prepare breakfast. He had already fed the creatures and was flipping a pancake when Eleanor meandered down looking beautiful as always. She had on a blush pink dress that went to her knees and mary jane pumps. She came up behind Newt and pecked him on the cheek while grabbing a cup of tea and sitting at their table. Newt placed breakfast in front of her and sat down across from her. 

"So what do we need to talk about?" Eleanor asked him. 

"I am planning to go to America next month." Newt said figuring it would be easy to just rip the band aid off. 

"Oh?" Eleanor questioned. 

"I wasn't sure if you would want to travel with me this time." He admitted. 

"I mean, I'm a little nervous, but you know I'm obviously going with you," She said. 

"Are you sure?" He questioned. 

"Positive. I have friends in America. I'm sure they will let us stay with them. Where in America are we going?" She asked. 

"We can't go by portkey. You'll have to get a wand permit, but I can't get one. No one can know I'm going there." He continued. "We're going to take a boat into New York City."

"My friend Queenie lives in the city with her sister Tina. Should I send them an owl?" Eleanor asked, but Newt shook his head. 

"I can't have any risks. I'm sure they won't mind a surprised pop in. Right?" He asked. 

"I haven't spoken to Queenie in... years. Our parents were friends when we were kids. Tina and I didn't exactly always get along. Hopefully, it's okay." She said and grabbed onto Newts hand. "Are we going there for anything specific?"

"Frank needs to be released back where he belongs. Magical beasts are not exactly welcomed in America, so if anyone asks we're looking for some puffskeins. But on another note... Dumbledore was informed of an obscurial in the city." He said and his face fell. 

"Another one?" Eleanor questioned. 

"Yes. Dumbledore seems to think Grindelwald is in the city." He said and Eleanor picked at her food. After finding out, her parents was possibly fanatics of Grindelwald, it's been a touchy subject for her. He squeezed her hand and let go. 

"You don't have to come, El. You can stay here. I don't want to put you in any more danger." He said. 

"I have to go with you. Don't be like this." She said. "We'll figure this out. When are we leaving?"

"September 1st." He said. 

"Newt, that's next week!" She exclaimed. 

"I know I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I just wasn't sure how you would take it." He said. 

"It's fine, I just. We have a lot to put together." She said and stood up to take their plates to the sink. She let her mind race around a few ideas and let herself dwell on the ones that seemed to cause anxiety. A dish slipped from her hands and shattered in the sink. Of course, this is when Eleanors reflexes kicked in and grabbed the plate which caused her to slice her hand open. 

"Merlins ballsack!" She exclaimed. "Why the hell do I do this shit all the time."

Newt came up beside her, but she turned away while cradling her hand and wrapped it up in paper towels. She felt her pockets for her wand, but found it wasn't there. 

"El, let me see. Let me fix you up." Newt said while taking out his own wand and easily healing her hand. "What's go you so worked up?"

"Nothing, I'm fine now. Thank you. Can we go into town? We should get some new clothes. America has a different style and I think we should blend in." Eleanor said while brushing out her dress, her hand rested on her stomach where her dress seemed to be getting tight around. 

"I need to start working out more, my clothes are getting a little tight." She chuckled. 

"You're just gaining back what you lost when you were sick." Newt replied and came up behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her back into him while kissing her neck. 

"Are you ready to go out or do you need a minute?" Eleanor asked him. He used his wand to change his outfit and did a silly spin for her. 

"Now I'm ready," He said. She wrapped her arm around his waist and they apparated into Diagon Alley. They spent most of their day shopping for things that looked American and stopped at a market for to pick out their lunch. 

"Do you want to share fish and chips?" Eleanor asked and Newt nodded in agreement. Eleanor went ahead and paid the man and walked back to Newt. They continued walking, snacking, and making small talk. 

"If you could be any of your creatures, who would you be?" Eleanor asked Newt in between bites. 

"I've honestly thought about this a lot and it changes everyday." He said. 

"Well who do you feel like today?" She asked. 

"The niffler." He replied. 

"Why's that," She asked. 

"Because I've got my hands on the goldest thing the world has ever seen," he said and kissed Eleanor's cheek. "These fries are honestly perfectly golden. I mean, how could any niffler deny it?"

Eleanor slapped him and pretended to be offended. 

"What about you? Which creature would you be?" He asked her. 

"Pickett hands down." She said and ate another fry. 

"Because why?" He questioned. 

"So I could hang out in your sweater all day." She said and winked at Pickett who was peeking out of his hiding spot. They entered into a bookstore and browsed a bit. Eleanor picked a book up and flipped through the pages. It apparently was about female anatomy and pregnancies. She quickly shut the book and walked back to where Newt was standing. He was reading into some herbs to feed the niffler. He apparently needed to go on a diet. 

"Are you ready to head back? Make some dinner, have a drink?" He asked Eleanor. 

"Mhm, sounds good." She agreed and they linked arms once again to go back home. She poured them each a glass of wine and set the table for dinner while she prepared roasted chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes. They chatted about what creatures they planned on bringing with them to America and if it was smart they travel together. 

"So you think I should take a portkey and you ride the boat across?" Eleanor questioned. 

"You'll have a wand permit. You'll get there before me and you can find your friend and explain why we're here." Newt said while finishing his last bite. 

"Alright fine, we travel separate. Are you finished?" She asked him and he nodded. She took away his plate and glass and let magic do the dishes this time. 

"I'm going upstairs to take a bath." She said and walked up the stairs to their bathroom and shut the door behind her locking it. She drew herself a warm bath and stepped in to the relaxing warm water while summoning something she'd been waiting to read all day. The book she had in the bookstore before. She had missed her last period and was worried that it might be what she thinks it is. Am I pregnant, she thought.