V1E4 Players and pieces

???: "You've messed with the wrong kid, buddy"

The beringel is thrown far away into emerald forest, as another green flash is seen in the dust, when both the flash and dust settles, the other soon to be students of beacon stare at y/n, who was panting, just now taking in the exhaustion of all ten dittos at once.

Y/n: "oh gods... I am... So out of breath..."

Yang: "great! the gangs all here, now we can die together!"

Ruby: "Not if I can help it!"

Yang: "Ruby, wait!"

Ruby, while screaming, fires Crescent Rose and charges at the oncoming Death Stalker. When the two meet, the Grimm swipes Ruby away and she is knocked back.

Ruby: as she slowly gets up "D-Do-Don't worry! Totally fine!"

Ruby turns back to the monster and shoots it in the skull, running away from it and sheathing her scythe as the Death Stalker now goes after her.

Yang: "Ruby!"

Ruby rushes towards Yang, but the Nevermore caws above them, flapping its wings and releasing lines of sharpened feathers with points that catch on Ruby's cape and prevent Yang from reaching her.

Yang: "ruby, get out of there!"

Ruby: "I'm trying!"

The Death Stalker approaches, raising its golden stinger above a scared Ruby and heading down on the helpless girl.

Yang: Ruby!!

Suddenly, a green flash appears behind yang, and a trail of diamond like crystals shoot up, trapping the deathstalker in it's place.

???: "Don't worry! I got you!"

Yang turns around the see a humanoid figure, it's skin resembling the diamonds that saved Ruby.

Weiss: "you beat me to it. Impressive"

Diamondhead: "thanks. I've had tons of practice"

Yang rushes up to Ruby and gives her a hug (which Ruby grunts at upon receiving).

Yang: "I'm so happy you're okay!"

Jaune: "Guys? That thing's circling back! What are we gonna do?"

Weiss : "Look, there's no sense in dilly-dallying. Our objective is right in front of us"

Ruby: "She's right. Our mission is to grab an artifact and make it back to the Cliffs. There's no point in fighting these things"

Jaune: " Run and live. that's an idea I can get behind!"

Diamondhead: "well then, what are you waiting for? Go get one and hurry!"

Nora: "yea! I agree with Crystal guy!"

Diamondhead: "that's Diamondhead to you"

Ruby goes over and grabs a gold knight and Jaune takes hold of a gold rook, smiling at each other. The Death Stalker continues to fight its bonds, cracking the crystals that held it a little in the process.

Weiss: "what about you?"

Diamondhead: "I've already gotten my teammates. No need to worry! Now let's move it!"

An overhead shot shows that the group is heading out of the forest and into another abandoned series of structures as the Nevermore follows them from the air. They spread out when it passes above, concealing themselves behind some of the stone blocks with their allies as it perches on a high column and caws.