V5E2 unforseen complications

In the house in Mistral, Oscar is seen sitting on a red armchair, nervously looking at the members of Team omni RNJR as they fawn over him.

Nora: "Did he age backwards?"

Jaune: "He's possessed!"

Ren: "Or reincarnated!"

Y/n: "I knew you were an alien!"

Ruby: "Oh! Isn't it weird?"

Oscar: "It is very weird, yes…"

Qrow: "Okay, okay. Let's all just take a second and remember that this is very overwhelming for everyone"

Team RNJR all step back together and nervously chuckle.

Oscar: "thanks"

Qrow then takes a seat himself on the couch next to Oscar. Ruby, y/n, and Nora have taken a seat on the couch perpendicular to Qrow's, while Jaune and Ren remain standing. Oscar then shares a brief look with Ruby, who giggles, causing the former to blush.

Oscar: "Ah, sorry! It's just I've never really met Huntsmen and Huntresses before... or Aliens"

Ruby: "Well, uh… we've never met a person with two souls! So, first times all around. Besides, the whole alien thing is still kinda new for us"

Y/n: "I just feel as though that was directed at me"

Oscar smiles and chuckles at Ruby and y/n before he hears Qrow clear his throat.

Qrow: "Not to break up the whole 'getting-to-know-you' game, but we need to have a talk. Mind showing us your little parlor trick, kid?"

Oscar: "Yeah, okay… Just so you know, I'll still be here"

The members of Team RNJR look at him in confusion. Oscar then lowers his head and closes his eyes. Suddenly, a green and white aura shines from his body for a moment, Oscar opens up his eyes, which are now glowing, and he smiles. When he speaks, they all hear a familiar voice overlapping with a bunch of other voices, including Oscar's.

Ozpin: "It is so very good to see you again, students"

All of Team RNJR share brief looks of confusion.

Jaune: "Wait, what just happened?"

Y/n: "Ozpin's voice just came out a little boy. Ok, gotcha"

Ren: "Professor… Ozpin?"

Ozpin: "Correct. And though I may be the one speaking, Oscar is still present mentally. He's merely handed over the control, so to speak. I'm afraid this all must be very perplexing"

Nora: "And alarming, and bizarre, and just really kind of hard to believe overall!"

Ozpin: "It's good to see you children still have your sense of humor. I know you've all been through tremendous hardship already. I'm sorry"

Ruby: "I mean, it's not your fault"

Ozpin: "It's all my fault. I told you once that I made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet, and I wasn't exaggerating. I'm… cursed. For thousands of years, I've walked the surface of Remnant, living, dying, and reincarnating in the body of a like-minded soul. The Professor Ozpin you all met was not my first form, and clearly wasn't my last. It's… an extraordinarily strenuous process on everyone involved"

Jaune: "So who… what… are you?"

Ozpin: "I am the combination of countless men who've spent their lives trying to protect the people of Remnant. With every rebirth, my soul is eventually merged with another and I am changed, but my memories stay with me. This curse was bestowed upon me by the Gods, because I failed to stop Salem in the past. But we must stop her now"