V4E7 No safe haven

A wide shot of Kuroyuri shows the empty, degraded town. A billowing cloud of dust and pieces of wood rise in the distance around the top of a tree that is barely visible above the town rooftops. Y/n, Jaune, Ruby, Ren and Nora all fall back by the dead cherry tree that a still-unconscious Qrow is propped against.

The Nuckelavee comes into view, twitching its various body parts. It sends out a shockwave roar that causes all five teenagers to flinch. The Grimm looks at the teenagers and turns its head to look at Qrow and begins running toward him.

Jaune sheaths his sword and makes a run for Qrow. The Nuckelavee lashes out with one of its arms, able to extend it at a far reach. Jaune avoids it and gets Qrow upright, but the Nuckelavee is heading right for them.

Ren uses his Semblance, pressing his palm to the ground, to hide Jaune and Qrow from its sight, creating a shimmering desaturation effect. The Nuckelavee stops and looks around, trying to find where its prey went. Jaune stands still, staring at the Grimm.

Ren: "Just get him to safety!"

Jaune walks away with Qrow while Nora distracts the creature by firing at it from Magnhild. The creature roars, the horse rears and it goes after Nora.

Jaune sets Qrow down behind a building and narrows his eyes at the wounded man before turning to leave. Qrow grabs him by the hand, but falls unconscious before he can say anything. Jaune gives Qrow another look before rejoining the fight.

Jaune rejoins the fight to see Ruby shooting at the creature and get slapped into the ground by one of its extended hands. Nora is grabbed next. The Nuckelavee lets them both go and turns around when Ren fires at it from its other side with StormFlower. It uses both hands to grab both of Ren's and prevent more shots.

Jaune: "Guys, keep moving, go in a circle!"

Y/n: "on it! Let's go jetray!"

Brainstorm: "BRAINSTORM!... it seems that my Omnitrix' recalibration was not a hundred percent. No matter, it's time for brain, verses brawn! Taste my Niroshock you Equus caballus beast!"

The top of y/n's head suddenly pops open, revealing his brain, and a stream of yellow electricity, which was sent directly at the Grimm. Easily distracted by the shock, the Nuckelavee lets go of Ren. The team follows Jaune's advice and they circle their enemy, those with firepower firing and Jaune coming in to slash at the foreleg with his sword. The Nuckelavee uses its hind hooves to kick Jaune back, where he lands near Ruby. He suddenly sheathes his weapon, distracting and confusing Ruby for a moment.

Brainstorm: "oh? It seems our Xanthophylls haired friend, has a trick up his sleeve! Hit it with all you got jaune!"

Thanks to y/n, Ruby smiles when she realizes that Jaune is using his upgraded Crocea Mors to land strikes on the beast. Ruby fires as Jaune runs in, and he is able to land a successful slash on one of the hindlegs. Y/n However, was having a little more trouble, being a crab like alien wasn't the best at the moment, but he'll make due.

The horse portion of the beast roars while the torso uprights and its head cocks to look at Jaune a bit stunned. It extends both its arms and swings them round, creating a rotary attack that knocks aside Jaune, Ren, Nora and Ruby in that order. When it pulls back its arms, the torso curls in on itself and the spines on its back extend several inches further out. The Nuckelavee roars into the sky, causing Jaune, y/n, and Ruby to cover their ears.