1998- Violet's POV

"I don't see why you get the bigger room,"

"Draco we've been here for two weeks, get over it."

"Yes but I want that room."

"You're acting like a child."

"I am a child."

I glare at my cousin from my spot on the sofa, three different newspapers lay in front of me. I never had to look for a job before now, and it's a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.

Draco is holding Fergus to his chest, he looks just as he did when we were children. I can see it written all over his face that living amongst muggles is not something he ever wanted to do. That much is obvious.

"Why don't you put on the kettle and we can figure out how to work this television thing?" I ask him.

Moving into our flat was confusing and scary. I want to leave magic in my past, living and working as a muggle seems more peaceful. The muggles didn't have to deal with the Dark Lord... sorry, Voldemort uprooting their entire lives and being the cause of their best friend's death.

"I don't want to," Draco huffs, "Muggle technology is stupid."

"Muggle technology is all around us. It's only right that we learn how to use it."

Fergus squirms in Draco's arms and he lets him fall to the ground, "What we should really learn is how to get these blasted marks off our arms," Draco says turning around and going into the kitchen, "Maybe then I won't want to kill myself every time I look at my arm."

"Don't say that," I snap at him, "I don't want to hear that sort of talk."

Draco pops his head around the corner of the kitchen, "Sorry Vi."

"You should be."

I pick up a newspaper and look through the classified section, "What about a school teacher?" I ask him, "It's what I wanted to be after Hogwarts anyways!"

"A muggle school teacher? You don't even know how to work a television let alone teach a bunch of bloody muggle kids," Draco calls back.

I pick up the marker that I've been using and cross the advertisement out. I cannot believe that we've been using quills and ink for as long as anyone can remember when Muggles have pens and markers that have the ink inside. My compositions would have looked so much better if I had one of these with me at Hogwarts.

"Oh! What about a chef?"

"Says the person who had a house-elf making all their food their entire life!" Draco says, I can hear the smile in his voice when he speaks, "Do you even know how to boil water?"

I cross that one out too just as Draco comes back into the living room with a tray full of tea.

"Why do you want a job so badly anyway?" He asks sitting down on the sofa beside me. He tucks his legs underneath him and brings his cup of tea to his mouth, "It's not like you need one."

"We're rich in the wizarding world. That doesn't translate to the Muggle world and you know that. You should be looking for a job too you know." I say to him.

Draco shrugs and takes a sip of his tea, "A week ago we didn't even have Muggle identification and now you're looking for a job and swearing off magic for the rest of your life. What if you hate it here? What if you hate being a Muggle? Then what?"

"There's nothing in the wizarding world for me now," I say to him, adding sugar and cream to my tea, "Fred is dead, George hates me, I haven't even seen Lee since the war. Emma and Walter have each other and apparently figured out that they don't need me. My mother is dead, my father is in Azkaban..."