1998- Emma's POV

***A/N*** Hey guys! This was supposed to go out last night but I started watching shameless and got distracted lol. Anyways, here we are! It's not very sad so there's no warnings or anything. Lots of love and I *should* be back tomorrow! xx

------------------------

"It's a party, Walter. I think we all need some good in our lives," I say to him as I balance two bowls of crisps in my arms.

"I don't want to have a bloody New Year's Eve party," he grumbles from the sofa.

I put the bowls down and move everything about so it looks appetizing, "And why not?"

He looks over at me, "Were you not around for the past seven months?"

"The past seven months are the exact reason that we need to have a party."

"No the past seven months are the exact reason that we should just watch bad television programs and get drunk together and alone."

"You mean what we've been doing every day after our shifts?"

"Exactly!"

I've managed to get a position working down the street at a bookstore. It's not the best, okay actually I hate it but I need to help Walter with rent and it feels good to do something other than stay in the flat all the time. Walter's got a better job than me because he actually knows how to live with both wizards and muggles. He works at a telephone company where he makes phone calls all day. It sounds a lot better than putting books away but he disagrees.

"Violet and Lee aren't going to come you know," Walter sighs, "Neither is George."

"dunno, he might pop by if we say we have booze..." I say with a smile, "What if he wants to snog you again?"

Walter groans and covers his face with a pillow and I laugh wildly, "Why'd you have to go and bring that up? I was so close to forgetting that ever happened."

"Still can't believe that happened," I tut, "I told you not to go over there you know."

He throws the pillow at me and I manage to stop it mid-air with some simple magic, "I know. You've been telling me so for months."

"Well, I didn't invite George. Cause I figured that because I invited Violet and she has a higher chance of showing up then it would be weird. I still think that he wants her dead," I say going back into the kitchen.

"We aren't having a party!" Walter calls.

"You didn't let me have a Christmas party, we're having a bloody New Years' Eve one!" I call back.

"shouldneverhavesaidyoucouldmoveinhere," Walter grumbles.

"What was that?" I ask knowing exactly what he said.

Walter sighs, "Just saying how much of a joy you are to live with!"

"Bloody liar," I say with a laugh, "Has the post come? Violet was supposed to get back to me by today to see if she'll be coming."

"Nothing on the balcony," Walter says back.

I pop my head round the corner, "If she just shows up I might have a fit. What's the point in invitations if she doesn't respond to them?"

"Who else did you invite?" Walter asks me.

"Few folks from work. I don't think if any of them are coming though... I'm still considered the odd new girl."