1999- Walter's POV

***A/N*** Hey everyone! This chapter was supposed to go up last night but I swear to you I literally fell asleep in the middle of writing it and I've been scrambling all day to get it finished. Anyways... this chapter contains a bit of 18+ content so please be respectful and mindful in the comments. That's it, and I'll be back as soon as I can! Much love xx

-----------------

I told Emma that this party would be a bad idea. I told her and I told her and I got Lee to tell her and then we both told her.

But she's stubborn.

And now we're standing outside of some muggle pub in the middle of the night.

"She's Violet," Emma says, "And Violet's our friend."

"Violet's being an arse," I grumble under my breath.

"Sometimes you're an arse," Emma looks up at me, "Doesn't mean you aren't my friend."

"But Violet doesn't want to be our friend," Lee says, "Wally does."

I peck him on the cheek. We still haven't had the conversation, whether or not we are dating again or not, but public displays of affection have always been one of my favourite things.

The music inside is so loud that I can feel it vibrating the sidewalk beneath my feet. It's clear that none of us want to be the first ones inside. There's nothing worse than showing up to a friend who's not really a friend anymore's party and being the odd one out.

"Bun this," Emma says before opening the door to the pub and walking in. Lee and I look at each other and shrug before following her inside.

I don't know what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. There are about twenty people, laughing, drinking, smoking, and dancing against each other.

It takes us a second to actually find Violet. She doesn't look at all like she did when we were at Hogwarts, or when we've stopped by her place. Her hair is pin straight and long down her back, her dress is tight and so short that it would have made a tart blush and look the other way.

"Christ," Lee says over the music, "If I wasn't gay..."

I roll my eyes and head over to the bar. If I'm expected to be here all night I'm going to have to be well pissed.

"Eh! It's the tall one!"

Violet's friend Silas comes round the bar and fixes me a drink, "She was right worried you wouldn't come tonight."

"Doesn't look like she gives a rat's ass who's here and who's not," I pick up the drunk and turn around, my back resting on the bar.

Silas comes round and stands behind me, taking a big drink from his own cup, "She's bloody fit she is. Shame she's hung up on that lass."

"What lass?" I ask him

He laughs, "Not my place to say if she hasn't told you. Suppose she doesn't want your sort to know at all."

"My sort...?"

Silas turns to me with wide eyes, "Not of the queer variety of course. Just the super-secret past kind."

I nod and take a drink from my cup instead of responding. I know that Violet loves this guy, but the more I talk to him the more I hate him.

I do a once over of the room. Emma is chatting with a group of girls beside the dancefloor. She doesn't look too interested in the conversation, glancing back over her shoulder at a drunk Violet ever so often like she's looking out for her.