2007- Emma's POV

***A/N*** hey everyone! This chapter may be triggering for some people so please read with caution and be polite in the comments (Though you're always polite in the comments) I don't think I'll upload again till sometime next week, I've seriously been ignoring my school work recently and I've got to get caught up before I can work on this book again. Till then, stay safe, be kind, don't do drugs (or do, I'm not your mother) and I'll see you all soon! Toodles! xx

----------------------------

This can't be happening.

This – no, this isn't real.

I'm dreaming. That's what this is.

Just a really.

Really.

Vivid dream.

Right?

When was the last time we even...

Oh.

"Emma, get a move on will you? My parents are going to be here soon and this place is a mess," Travis barks from the other side of the door.

Definitely not a dream.

I shove the positive pregnancy test between the mattress and the box spring on our bed, straighten out my blouse in the mirror, and take a deep breath before I head out into the flat.

"Sorry darling," I say to him, "Just cleaning up a bit in there."

"Well they aren't going to be eating in our bedroom now are they?" Travis snaps at me.

I press my lips together to keep my mouth shut and just nod my head. I can't deal with him being like this today on top of everything else.

Travis walks me into the kitchen and makes sure that I'm actually cleaning up in there before he sits on the sofa with a grunt.

Me? Pregnant? That can't happen.

Course it can happen, the voice in the back of my head says, And you wanted it to happen, don't lie to yourself.

It's true, I wanted it to happen for as long as I can remember. But now that it's here? The fact that I'm now carrying a child within me? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Probably do a bit of both tonight once Travis has fallen asleep.

How do I tell him? How do I look my husband in the eye, a man who very clearly does not want anything to do with a child his or someone else's, and tell him that I'm pregnant.

He's going to tell me to get rid of it, he's going to send me to Saint Mungo's and watch the nurse give me that potion and check my mouth afterwards to make sure I swallowed every last drop.

But what if I don't want to do that? What if I want to keep it?

Get rid of your worthless lump of a husband and bring a baby into this world? The voice in the back of my head sings, Two hippogriffs one stone if you ask me.

The voice in the back of my head is starting to sound a lot like Violet if you ask me.

A smile creeps onto my face as I finish up the dishes and start putting the clean ones away. My own child... growing inside me. It's everything I ever could have dreamed of.

"Do you want children?" Fred asks me as we are walking towards the Slytherin common room during one of our spare periods.

It's been about a month or so since the Yule Ball and Fred and I have been attached by the hip ever since. Right now, he's walking me back to my dorms after a very eventful morning.