2011 - Walter's POV

***A/N*** How is everyone today? This chapter is short and sweet, very short in comparison to what I posted yesterday lol. If all goes according to plan though, there should be something else out later today! Lots of love xx

--------------------------------------------

"Walter!"

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I sit up on the sofa, "What're we yelling for?"

"Yes of course," I can hear Lee say to someone, "Oh of course... Well, I can speak for the both of us when we say..."

I get up from the sofa and pad my way to the kitchen. Lee has got the wire from the wall phone wrapped around himself three times, clearly pacing.

"What's going on?" I ask him.

He waves his hand at me, telling me to shush, "That's perfect! Now can we set up a meeting with her directly or would we have to go through you?"

"Meeting who?"

Lee glares at me, "Right, perfect! Thursday morning works perfectly. We'll see you at the Ministry then?"

"Why are we going to the Ministry?"

Lee flips me off, "Fantastic! See you then!" He untangles himself from the cord and hangs the phone back up, "Where are your manners, Clarence? Couldn't you tell I was on the phone?"

"You're the one that screamed my name and woke me from my nap you know," I say to him, "What's happening Thursday?"

Lee beams, "There's a Mum, well, she doesn't really want to be a Mum, and she saw our profile when she went to the Ministry to ask about adoption..."

"Don't do that," I say carefully.

"Do what?"

"Get my hopes up like that."

Lee crosses the kitchen and cups my face in his hands, "Walter Jordan Clarence. She wants us. She chose us. She's due in June."

"Lee..."

"We're going to have a daughter," Lee says, "We're going to have a daughter in six bloody months."

I shout, pick Lee up in my arms and twirl us both around laughing like idiots, "We're going to be fathers!" I shout as loudly as I can, "We're going to be bloody fucking fathers!"

Lee laughs so hard I've got to put him down so he can catch his breath, "A little girl," Lee laughs, "We're going to have a little girl!"

"Wait now, what if we meet this Mum and she hates us?" I say, "It's not official yet."

Lee shakes his head, "It's official darling. The meeting is simply to sign the papers. She wants us to raise her daughter. She wants us to be parents."

I laugh again and pull Lee in for a kiss. When I pull away it sort of dawns on me, "We don't know anything about girls."

"We can learn. We have six months," Lee says.

I run my hands through my hair, "We've got to turn the office into a nursery. Can we paint it pink? Or is that too gendered? What if she doesn't like pink? Merlin, what are we going to do when she gets her period? Who's going to take her bra shopping?" My breath starts to get heavier and Lee guides me into a chair by my shoulder.

"We have friends who are female you know that right? And girls don't get their period till they're like thirteen or something. That's thirteen years and six months for us to prepare for that moment."