1999- Lee's POV

***A/N*** Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around, I got the COVID vaccine finally and it made me feel gross for a few days. But I'm feeling great now, and if you can, I strongly suggest getting the vaccine. Anyways, thought I'd try to do a Lee POV for the first time, let me know if you like it! See you soon xx

--------------------

It's April first tomorrow.

Fred's birthday, George's birthday.

I should do something. We always used to do something for their birthday, even before we became friends with Violet, Emma, and Walter. April first was our day. Is our day.

"I've got stuff I have to do today," I say to the man laying on my sofa half-naked.

He sits up and looks at me, "Hi, nice to meet you, my name is stuff."

I roll my eyes and try not to smile. I hate to admit it, but he looks a lot like Walter, so much so that I thought it was him last night. I think I've screwed every tall, scrawny, blond boy in London by now just trying to get that fuck ass out of my head. Needless to say, it hasn't worked.

"Family stuff," I say to him.

He flops back down on the sofa and lights a cigarette, "Didn't know you had a family."

"Do you even know my name?"

"Nope," he pops his lips on the 'p' like Walter used to do when he was trying to get his way.

"Lee," I say to him.

"Lee..." he repeats, "My names Winston."

I laugh and do my best to cover it with a cough. Fucking hell, my subconscious is really trying to tell me something.

"Well Winston, I think you should head off. It's been great but... you know," I pour myself a cup of coffee and take a sip.

"Family stuff... Same time tomorrow?" Winston asks sitting up on the sofa again and pulling on his jumper.

"Dunno, leave a number and I'll see."

"Do you even have a phone in this place?"

I shrug, "I'll get ahold of you if I want to."

Winton looks over his shoulder at me and smirks, "Lee..." he says again, "You're something else."

I shrug and watch him with a small smile on my face as he gets his things together. If I squint I can see Walter and that's the only thing that matters. Winston comes over to me and writes a number on the back of a napkin on my counter, "Call me if your family thing gets boring."

"Don't get your hopes up."

Winston laughs and pecks my cheek, "See you around Lee."

I walk out of my kitchen and watch him leave. Once the door is closed I laugh to myself and shake my head, "Bloody Winston.

I make myself a simple egg breakfast and some toast before turning on my telly. There's a lot of things I could be doing today, go see George at the Burrow, go see Violet at wherever the fuck she's living, go see Emma... and Walter.

It's been about a year, I think I'm ready to forgive Wally... maybe, sort of... Guess there's only one real way to find out.

I do my dishes and get dressed, then stand in front of my mirror in my bathroom, "Walter, Violet, or George..." I say to myself. Talking to myself has become my favourite pastime, though I'd prefer it if I was talking with Walter again, "George, Violet, Walter? Violet, George, Walter..."