1999- Draco's POV

***A/N*** Yes you read right! This is a Draco POV! I don't know if it is going to be a one-off or if I will keep up the Draco chapters. I guess we'll see! Also... the above portrait is how I imagine Astoria Greengrass to look! Course it might differ from how you imagine her and that is totally okay, I just really like including portraits of new characters in my fics!

I'm thinking of taking tomorrow off from writing so I'll probably be back Sunday with some more content for you all! (Or who knows I might get bored and write another chapter by tomorrow lol) See you when I see you! xx

-----------------------

 "You're mental,"

Pansy gets up from my bed and shakes her head. She crosses her arms over her chest and paces back and forth, "This is a bad idea Draco and you know it."

"What's so bad about wanting to take care of the person I love?" I ask her from my spot on the floor.

Pansy looks at me, "What's so bad about moving in with a lass you've known for half a school year to take care of her declining health? Hm, let me think for a moment..."

"Piss off Parkinson, you know it's more than that."

"Right because even she said it herself that she doesn't want you to get too attached because she doesn't know how long she has left on this planet and if she can even be what you want in a relationship. Not only that but you're willingly going to go back to a blood supremacist home when you have this," she gestures around my room, "Astoria doesn't think like that, but her parents do. And you're actually considering going back into that sort of environment!"

I roll my eyes and lie back on the floor of my room so I am staring up at the ceiling. Fergus comes trotting over to me and lies down on my chest. We could be having this conversation anywhere in the flat because Violet it as work right now, but something about having a personal conversation in the living room doesn't sit right with me.

Here's the thing. Astoria is dropping out of Hogwarts. She's legal now, and her health is declining rapidly so her parents figured that it would be safer to have her at home rather than at Hogwarts. Which is fine by me, I'm finished there now so it means that I can be around her as much as possible.

Her parents offered me a room at their estate. And Pansy is right, they're death eaters. Or, where death eaters I guess now that Voldemort is dead. But because the war is over now, it's chaotic on that side of things. People are scrambling to find Voldemort again because no one truly believes that he's dead and gone. There's been kidnappings and torturing of muggle-borns and half-bloods that may have information. It's just like how it was after the first war when Aunt Bellatrix tormented the Longbottoms.

Violet doesn't know anything about it. I haven't told her a single thing. I know that if I did then she'd break my wand clean in half and never let me do any form of magic ever again. It was easy for her to transition from old money pure-blood wizard to a broke muggle working at a pub, but I hate it. I hate it here so bloody much.

Don't tell her I said that. Please. She'd cry and I don't know if I can deal with that again.

"Violet saved you," Pansy continues, "If you go live there, you're going to see your parents again. Then you'll get sucked right back into the bullshit and it'll be like the past year never even happened," she comes over to me and sits on the floor beside me, "I don't want to lose my best mate."

"You still live in the wizarding world and you haven't gone back to that," I sit up and look at her. Fergus meows loudly and hops onto my bed, obviously annoyed that I moved.