2005- Violet's POV

***A/N*** Hello beautiful humans! Sorry, this took me all day to get out, I got my lip pierced today and it ended up taking a lot more time out of my day than I thought it would. Anyways! I'll be back sometime next week with another update. Toodles xx

-----------------

"It's his first birthday in a month and he hasn't started walking... I think somethings wrong,"

I look at George who is sitting on the sofa while I'm on the ground with Freddie, "He should be walking by now."

"Maybe his legs don't work," George says with a shrug of his shoulders.

I pick up a stuffed niffler toy and throw it at his head, "His legs work just fine, he just doesn't want to use them."

"Maybe you've just got to... ignore him for a bit or something. I know I never want to do anything you say when you're watching me with those eyes of yours," George says nudging me with his toe, "Go take a bath, my love, I'll watch him."

"You'll watch the telly," I say to him, "What's more important than your first and for the time being only child?"

"Grey's Anatomy. It's a great show, I'd think you'd like it if you gave telly a chance," he looks at me and smiles, "I'll watch the rerun later tonight. Go have a bath I'll make sure he doesn't die."

"Okay," I lean over and kiss Freddie on the head, "Mumma will be back okay?" I say to him, "Can you say, Mumma? Mu-ma."

Freddie looks at me with those big perfect eyes of his and laughs but he doesn't say anything. We've been trying to get him to at least say Mumma or Dada but so far he hasn't said anything.

He hasn't spoken, he hasn't taken his first steps, he doesn't even crawl, he just scoots around on his arse like a dog trying to get the last bit of shit off his bum. I have a feeling that George dropped him a few times and just hasn't told me about it.

"No?" I say to Freddie, "No Mumma?"

"Face it, he's a Daddy's boy," George says as I get up off the floor, "Eh kid? Can you say Dada?"

Freddie looks at us, then hits himself in the head with a doll.

"He's a Weasley alright," I say before heading towards the bathroom.

"What's that supposed to mean!?" George calls after me, "For all we know it's the Black family's genes, not mine!"

"I can't hear you!" I call out, "Too busy relaxing!"

I open the bathroom door and sigh, it's anything but relaxing in here. There's an abundance of kid toys around the rim of the tub, a toddler potty in the corner cause George thought you'd have to start potty training as soon as a kid is born like an idiot.

Instead of the bath that George suggested, I opt for a shower, saves me time and also means I don't have to move all the toys from the bottom of the tub somewhere else so I can actually have a bath.

By the time I'm done showering it's well past Freddie's bedtime. I have a mental bet with myself to see if George actually put Freddie down in his cot or not.

Wearing George's pyjamas, I turn the corner to the living room and sigh, George is passed out on the sofa with Freddie sprawled out on his chest, Fergus is asleep in between George's legs. And of course, they're all snoring.

Before I attempt to pick Freddie up and moving him into his cot without waking him up I go into our bedroom to get our camera and take a few pictures so I can save this memory of my boys for as long as I can.