2000- George's POV

***A/N*** Hey everyone! So I finally got a new job today which is great because I seriously need money. However, that means that I'm probably going to have to start doing once-a-week posts (though let's be real I'm probably going to post more than that because I can't keep to a schedule). To combat this whole once-a-week thing, I'll do my best to write longer chapters to keep you all well fed! 

Other than that... I'm going to shorten each 'part' or year (depending on what you call it), so each character will only get one POV a year until 2003, then the second part of the book will start and it'll focus more on just Violet and George with a bit of the others sprinkled in. 

I start this job next week, so I'm going to try to get as many chapters out as I can before that. Hopefully, that means I'll be back tomorrow! See you then xx

--------------------

"Just 'old 'er George,"

I stare at the pale pink baby wriggling in Fleur's arms and shake my head, "Not a chance."

Bill laughs from the kitchen, "How are you going to be her godfather if you don't want to hold her?"

"I'll hold her when she's older,"

"You will not 'urt 'er," Fleur coos, "She wants 'er Uncle George." Fleur doesn't give me a chance to say no this time and forces her two-month-old daughter into my arms, "Say 'ello Victoire."

I stare down at the little girl in my arms. She's pale like her Mum, pale hair too. Leave it to Bill to end the reign of red-haired Weasleys. The baby blinks her blue eyes and makes a gurgling noise, "I don't think she's going to say hello," I say to my brother and his wife.

Fleur laughs, "You are useless."

She goes into the kitchen of the small shell cottage to get lunch started, leaving me alone with the baby.

"Hi Victoire," I whisper so Bill and Fleur can't hear me from the other room, "I'm your Uncle George. You were born on a very special day... yes you were."

Victoire Cedrica Weasley was born on May second. Hence her first name. Victory.

It took us all by surprise I think, having a new Weasley being born on the same day that we lost one. I really don't know what to think. Though I figure that Fred is laughing in his grave because of it.

"You know," I say to my niece, "You sort of messed everything up being a blonde. We sort of had a thing going on around here," Victoire wiggles around in my arms and smiles up at me. Something melts inside me and I smile back at her, "You're lucky you're cute you know that?"

"Ah see?" Fleur laughs. I turn around and look at her standing in the doorway between the living room and the kitchen, "I told you zat you could not 'urt 'er."

I bounce back and forth in my spot and look back at the baby in my arms, "She's alright I suppose. She smiled at me,"

Fleur snorts, "Babies 'er age do not smile zee way zat we do. Zey smile because zey 'ave taken a shit."

Bill barks a laugh from the kitchen, "Good job Vic!"

Fleur takes her daughter from me and laughs, "She definitely 'as," she nods towards the kitchen, "If you 'elp Will, I will change 'er diaper."

I nod, "Yeah, yeah that sounds like a good trade-off," I practically run into the kitchen and Fleur and Bill both burst into laughter.

We can hear Fleur head upstairs and Bill bumps his hip into mine, "You're going to have to change a few diapers if you're going to have a kid of your own you know."