1999- Walter's POV

***A/N*** Hey guys! The second dose of the COVID vaccine took a lot more out of me than I thought it would so I'm sorry that I didn't upload yesterday! It's been sort of stressful around here, but my friends and I have finally found a place to live for the upcoming school year so I have a little room to breathe again.

I really like adding flashbacks to my character's childhoods in these recent chapters, so if that's something that you want to see more of let me know in the comments! I think it really adds to the depth of the characters! That's it from me for now, I'll be back as soon as I can! Lots of love xx

--------------------

            "Walter dear! Hurry now, we're going to be late!" My Mum calls from downstairs.

I giggle to myself as I tuck as many LEGO men into the pockets of my suit and run downstairs. Mum's helping Dad with his tie by the front door.

"I hate your parents Aurora," Dad huffs.

Mum stands on her tiptoes and gives him a swift peck on the lips, "It's only for a few hours Charles. We go in, eat, say hello, say goodbye, and come right back home," Mum looks over to me and her entire face smiles, "Let me see you, my handsome man!"

I stand in the doorway, holding my head up high as Mum inspects me. She pats down my pockets and tuts her tongue as she pulls out all the little toys I've hidden on my person, "Toys stay at home Walter."

"Can I stay home with them?" I say pouting my bottom lip.

"I'll stay home and watch him. Get comfortable on the sofa and watch that reindeer movie."

"Rudolph!" I giggle and Dad cracks a smile.

Mum laughs and shakes her head, "What am I going to do with you boys?" She stands up and straightens out her own dress, "Wally love, you know I love you."

"Lots and lots!" I laugh.

Dad comes over and picks me up despite the fact that I am far too old to be carried around by my father, "You know how your grandparents are. No talk of magic tonight."

I look at my Dad than at my Mum, "No talk of magic tonight," I repeat with a nod of my head.

Dad squeezes my cheek, "Though if your grandparents loved you then they wouldn't care about magic would they?"

"And if your other grandparents didn't care about Mummy's lack of magic then we'd be going to two houses for Christmas dinner," Mum says. She gives both me and Dad a peck on the cheek, "Come on now Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum." Mum opens the front door of our little house and leaves it open, expecting Dad and me to follow close behind.

"I'm Tweedle Dee!" I say to my Dad, "You're Dum!"

Dad laughs and carries me out the front door, waving his hand in the air to lock the door. I watch him in awe, I can feel the magic in the air whenever he does something like that. It makes my heart flutter and I can't help but try to do the same thing, "Tweedle Dum it is then," Dad says. He puts me down on the ground and smirks, "Race you to the car."

I stare up at my ceiling and sigh. Lee is a snoring mess beside me, mumbling in his sleep like he always does. I groan and sit up, pressing the heel of my hands into my eyes before looking over at the alarm clock on the bedside table.

12:19 PM

I've slept nearly all day, and by the lack of Emma's singing in the living room I assume she's still asleep too.