1999- Violet's POV

***A/N*** Hey everyone! How are you all? I hope you had a great weekend! It was super hot where I am in the world and my legs are so sunburnt that it hurts to walk lol. Never forget sunscreen kids. Hope you enjoy this chapter, I should be back tomorrow with a Walter POV if I don't get distracted and play The Sims all day. See you then! xx

-------------------------------------

Exactly one year ago today was the worst day of my life. It's mad to look back at who I was, what I was doing, how I was living, and then look at my life now.

I have my own place to live, I have my own job, I cook my own food, I have new friends. I should be happy. Under all accounts, I should be the happiest I've ever been.

But as I lie in my bed and stare up at my ceiling. I have never felt worse.

I can hear Silas mulling about in the kitchen. Since Draco is at Hogwarts, Sy has been staying in Draco's room for the past few months because his landlord kicked him out of his flat. It's nice having someone here. Course I wanted Draco to finish his education so he can get a job in the Ministry like he's always wanted, but I really didn't want to lose him. I wanted him here with me.

Call it selfish, suppose it is, but I thought that because I was the one that got him out, I would be the person he'd spend all his time with. I sort of forgot that just because my friend group was destroyed by the war, not everyone's was. He's still got other people besides me that understand what he went through. In theory, I have people that get it too, but every time I look at them, I'm reminded of all the pain, all the fear that came with the war, rather than all the laughter, and overall happy moments that we shared at Hogwarts.

"A little bit of Monica in my life, a little bit of Erica by my side..." Silas sings along to his new favourite song in the kitchen, Mambo No. Five by some lad named Lou Bega. Personally, it's the worst song I've ever heard in my entire life, too much repetitiveness in the lyrics, but he loves it and who am I to tell him he can't listen to what he loves.

I should send Molly a response. I feel like today is as good as ever to send her something. I've kept her letter hidden away in my old Defense Against the Dark Arts textbook at the foot of my bed, doing my best not to think about it, or about the Weasley's in general.

Silas knocks on my door, "Not like you to stay in bed past ten!" He calls through the door, "Are you alright?"

Maybe I don't like having Silas around as much as I thought. He's a great human and I adore him completely but sometimes he's really got to learn how to leave people alone, "Fine yeah, just getting dressed!" I call from under my quilt.

"Need any help?" He says in a joking tone.

I try to fight the small smile that is tugging at the corner of my lips, "Hundred pounds for ten minutes sweetheart! We've already had this discussion!"

Silas barks out a laugh, "One day LeStrange! One day I'll see the goods!"

I can hear him walk away from my door and I sigh before rolling out of bed. It's been unusually hot the past few weeks so I change into a pair of jean shorts and a simple black tank top. I don't bother doing anything to my hair, not like I could, I haven't brushed it in a while and what used to be long, flowing curls have turned into a big cluster fuck of knots at the back of my neck.

I go over to my dresser and shuffle around old slips of parchment and lined paper to find something that I can use to write a letter with. Once I'm satisfied with the bit of paper I found, I get the letter that Molly has sent me out from its hiding place and lay it out on the floor. I sit in front of it, cross-legged, and reread it, trying to figure out what I should say, or whether or not I should just say 'bun this' and throw it all in the bin.