2000- Violet's POV

***A/N*** Hey guys! So I finished this chapter earlier than scheduled and I didn't want to wait to share it with you all! Happy reading and I'll be back soon! xx

-------------------

My twenty-third birthday. Who'd have thought that I'd make it this far?

Correction.

Who'd have thought that I'd by lying beside my lesbian lover in a flat that I'm growing to hate on my twenty-third birthday?

Not me.

I thought I'd be in the arms of my George Weasley. Getting woken up by our baby's screaming or a little hand hitting me in the face and telling me that they had a nightmare.

Pansy rolls over in bed beside me and snore's once really loud.

If you told seventeen-year-old Violet that this was the life she would be living. Lying shirtless beside Pansy Parkinson in a muggle flat, begging sleep to take her for the seventh time that night she would have hexed you.

I take a deep breath and go to get out of bed but Pansy throws her arm over me and pulls me back into her, "Where are you running off to birthday girl?" she whispers. Her morning breath could bring Hagrid to his knees but I don't say anything.

"It's nearly noon," I say to her, "I want to get up, have a shower... all that."

Pansy opens one of her eyes and looks at me, "Can I come?"

"Into the shower?"

She nods, "It's your birthday, only fair I give my girlfriend birthday sex."

I look the other way. She's been calling me her girlfriend more and more recently but I still haven't said anything to her about my feelings about it. We really should, I know we should. She's been living here and having sex with me for nearly a year at this point.

"Why don't you wait here," I say to her, "I won't be long."

Pansy hums, Okay," she whispers.

I get out of bed and fix the blankets so she can stay warm underneath. Just as I reach the en suite bathroom door I hear her say, "I love you."

I stop in my tracks. It's the first time she's said it. And I can't say it back.

"I'll be back," I say softly before practically throwing myself into the ensuite and closing the door behind me.

I lean my back against the door and close my eyes. She loves me.

She loves me.

She loves me.

And I don't love her.

I don't think I could ever love her.

It was just a bit of fun. Why can't it stay that way? Why does it have to get all complicated with feelings?

With love.

I strip out of my clothes and turn on the shower. I let it run for a minute before stepping under the water and closing the curtain.

I stand under the stream of water and just let it wash over me. Let it wash the sinking feeling out of my stomach.

The door opens, and closes, and I know that Pansy is in here with me now. She's the only one besides Fergus that is in the flat and the little guy can't open doors no matter how hard he tries.

"Just having a piss," she says. Her voice wavers, she's being careful about what she's saying now.

"Right," I say to her from in the shower, "Silas is coming over later so I might nip down to the bar and snag some booze or summat for tonight."