2006- Lee's POV

***A/N*** hey guys! I know I don't normally post on Tuesdays but I'm moving on Friday so this week is going to be hectic and I won't be able to post till this weekend some time. 

Let me know what you want to see next, either a George or Violet POV and I'll try my best to get it out by either Saturday or Sunday. Till then, love you lots and thank you so much for your unconditional support! xx

------------------------------------

"What do you even get a one-year-old for a birthday present?" Walter asks me as we walk down yet another toy aisle of yet another toy shop.

"I dunno, as long as it doesn't explode it should be fine."

Walter stops pushing the trolly and looks at me head-on, "We are talking about the same one year old correct? This kid has set off more whizbangs than we have."

"Okay, so he's got enough exploding things. What about a teddy bear or something?" I pull a teddy bear off the shelf and put it in the cart, "There, problem solved."

"Problem not solved, this is a wizard kid, he's not going to want a teddy bear that doesn't do anything."

"Who knows, maybe that's exactly what he wants?"

Walter looks at me and smiles just a little, "Vi said the last time they got him a teddy bear he ended up animating it and it raced around the flat for hours as he tried to chase after it."

"How does a toddler manager to animate an object?"

"Beats me," He pushes the trolly forward, "What about this?" He holds up a football, "Kid might be interested in muggle sports instead of quidditch."

"George Weasley's kid is going to be interested in muggle sports more than quidditch?" I say with a raised eyebrow and Walter laughs.

"Worth a shot," He tries to toss it into the trolly but misses completely and the ball bounces down the aisle and hits another display.

We stare at the ball for a second and then I look at him, "Hope to Godric our kids don't want to play sports. We're going to be terrible coaches."

"I can play sports!" He protests.

I walk past him and go to pick up the ball, "You can eh?" I ask with a laugh, "Catch."

I throw the ball at him and Walter squeaks and ducks, letting the ball soar past him and into the trolly of the woman behind us.

"Terribly sorry ma'am," I say as I rush over and take the ball from the very unimpressed woman, "My boyfriend here was trying to show me how great he is at sports."

The woman looks over at Walter who is being his tall and awkward self by turning bright red and pretending to be interested in the dolls on the shelf beside him, "May I suggest basketball," she says before pushing her trolly past us and leaving us alone in the aisle.

I laugh and put the ball safely back in our trolly and take it from Walter so we can keep moving, "I think we should get him something more than a ball, don't you think? What if we got him his first wand?"

"So Violet can hex our eyebrows off?" Walter laughs, the flush of embarrassment still lingers on his cheeks and I so desperately want to kiss him there, "There are some things that you don't buy a wizard kid without his parent's permission and his first wand is one of those. That and his first broom."

"Well, we have to get him something else too. Emma's not going to be there and the kid deserves more than one present."

Walter and I both look down for a second. Emma got married last month. Yeah, married. And not only were we not invited, but we haven't seen or heard from her since. None of us really know how to bring it up in conversation without one of us getting sad or annoyed and leaving the room. It's usually Violet, suddenly realizing that it's past Freddie's nap time, or that his nappy needs changing so she can excuse herself from the room. And George always apologizes for her and says that it's been hard.