Chapter 20 - 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧

The hotel was on fire. My fucking hotel was on fire. And you and I both know the only person who would do this to piss me off.

Martinez.

He's gone too far.

I entered the site.

When a Adelina approached me she panted 'Everyone was out in time and no one's hurt but the buildings need repairing. Most of the people have lost their stuff in the fire so will demand some sort of money. Reina, you ok?'

'No, my hotel just burnt down with near to a thousand people living in it.'

'I know but-'

'No buts Ade, innocent lives could have been spilled.'

She hesitated and then questioned 'You know who did this?'

'Who do you think?' I replied not taking my eye off the dying fire.

'Jax Martinez.' she said quietly.

I nodded.

He won't be getting any hesitation from me.

The crowd looked worried and concerned and as soon as the fire died out I needed to speak to them.

'Ladies and Gentlemen. As you can see a fire has disrupted us from our normal lives and it is not something that makes you able to go and live your life. So for this reason, slowly fifty people at a time will come into the hotel and take whatever is left of their belongings. In addition to this, you will all receive 5000 US Dollars from the company as an apology for your stay with us being disturbed. If you need any help, my secretary and I will be on the site as well as other members of staff. Thank you.'

I saw camera crews from local news swarming around in the site. The cops were here as well. They questioned people on the case but I know they won't find any leads because they are under the pay salary of Martinez. So they will stay as quiet as a dormouse.

I told Serephina to deal with the cops and firemen.

Adelina would deal with the money given to our clients.

And I was going to deal with the culprit behind this whole fire incident.

The big Martinez headquarters.

Grand and beautiful as per always but the owner not so much.

I went in and saw the receptionist.

'I need to speak to Martinez.'

'Ma'am he is not in the city for now. Should I book you a meeting for when he is back?'

'No need.' I said while exiting and proceeded to his office.

I knew she was lying. I was trained to realise it when I was younger so I could be able to differ the truth from the lies.

And there was the man.

Sitting on his chair talking to another man who by the looks of it was his friend.

White shirt. Blue pants. Blue blazer.

He shot his friend a glare and commanded 'leave'

The man looked at me up and down. So I did the same and as he walked past I whispered 'your boss has small dick energy.'

He was clearly amused by my little joke but I think he thinks that I am lying but I ain't.

He walked out.

As soon as I heard the door shut. I glared at him.

'You think burning my hotel is the best way to piss me off.'

'What is your crazy head winding on about now because I have no clue what you are on about.'

I wanted to play him at his own game.

I went by his desk but on his side and made my way onto his lap. 

I straddled him and I felt him go hard.

My fingertips were outlining every inch of his body starting from his knees to his abs to his chest and I wrapped my hands around his neck.

I was literally 2 inches away from his face.

He stared into my eyes as I stared into his.

I leaned into his ear and whispered,

'I truly am the Queen of the chessboard.'

And like that I got up and snapped his chair making him fall apart and made a jump out of the window.