Chapter 61 - 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖆𝖑𝖑

Reina's Point Of View

Shit! He can't know that I know that it's a gun auction that'll blow my cover. Quick thinking Reina. Quick thinking.

"It's a gun auction?" I exclaimed both confused and shocked hoping not to blow my cover.

He took a breath and stared at me with his harsh serious face. I had to keep myself composed and in charge of my facial response as well as body language. If I let him know that I knew it was an auction happening as behind the scenes of the ball, he mighty know that I know more than I let on which'll piss him off. He'll most likely also realise that I have some sort of criminal connection to the underground.

"He's using you as a cover for the auction. Hmm, we'll leave on Thursday night together."

"Excuse you?" I snarked in disgust.

"You're excused, baby." he stated and walked out leaving me alone on the kitchen counter after eating the spaghetti.

I wanted him badly. I needed to kiss him. I was craving him but he intoxicated me deeply and this was bad, very horribly bad. So bad that I would rather jump off a cliff than feel like this. Ok, maybe it was a tad bit dramatic but that's the length I have to go to when it comes to him.

I got up from the counter and went to the room. There was no way in this lifetime where I'll be boarding on the same plane as Narcissus. Not now. Not never. I took my phone and called Ser and Ade. 

"You ladies ok if I get the first flight to Chicago?"

"I could have swore the ball was on Saturday?"

"Yeah there were some problems that I ran into."

"Does this have to do with a certain red eyed man?"

"Goodbye."

I cut the phone and took my purse and the other necessities with me and climbed out of the window after my phone call with the aeroplane line booking a flight. I had my hotel over there so I would stay at the penthouse where all of my clothes are. I took a taxi to the airport and after a long flight and another car ride I was in my five star penthouse. 

Paperwork after paperwork on days on end. I did wonder what exactly Narcissus was doing alone without me and how he was coping with his stalkerish obsession with me. I got a phone call on the next day from him. I recognised his number but I was too busy getting my beauty sleep to even pick up the phone.

He was bound to be pissed and moreover furious and raging. I just couldn't wait to see his angry face at the ball. 

It was finally Saturday. The day of the ball. I hopped into the shower at roughly 6pm and put on a red dress with a slit in it with gold heels.

 I hopped into the shower at roughly 6pm and put on a red dress with a slit in it with gold heels

I took my car to the ball and parked it in the car park and headed in.

The whole hall screamed rich. There were many businessmen and women but for all I know the majority of them were high class criminals that were here to buy the top and new guns that D'Angelo had to offer.

D'Angelo had took over his fathers business of being a gun traffickers. The most well known as well as the most efficient. He was known to be the most efficient in anything managing to make everything sellable. 

I went to the bar stand where I took a champagne glass and made small talk with the people beside me as well as the ones that approach me. I was sipping on my glass of champagne when Narcissus entered. He locked his eyes with mine while walking off into the distance. It was unclear of what exact emotion he was experiencing but I could tell a hint of coldness and anger. 

Let's put it in the easier way. He had a dream like fairy tale and I ruined it big time and now the big bad wolf was back and raging matching the colour of his eyes. Just then D'Angelo had walked besides me.

"You got your eyes on Martinez?" he whispered into my ear from behind.

"I would prefer if you didn't sneak from behind me." I said still having my eyes on Martinez. 

He walked from behind me and to  besides me and we carried on our conversations with a couple of chuckles here and there but nothing too serious. He doesn't know about me being an assassin and I didn't plan on telling him either.

I looked at the corner of my eye and saw Narcissus who seemed extremely angry. There was a very high possibility that it was directed towards me. He then made his way to a woman. Lydia Stevens. I knew her and talked to her multiple times on multiple occasion.

He was trying to make me jealous. What a very funny loser! They were laughing and touching but Lydia was not exactly who you would think she was. Maybe it was the urge to piss him off or maybe it's the urge to prove him wrong but I couldn't help myself. 

I went over to where they were standing and I kissed her