Chapter 73 - 𝓑𝓾𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓼

Reina's Point Of View

A bullet pierced through my hand not my head. You can't get rid of me that easily. Not now not ever. Darkness had overcrowded the whole room and the only thing that you could hear were the gun loading and shots being fired. People were dying. Grunts and mons were everywhere and peoples' body were dropping everywhere.

There could only be one possible answer for this. The Milans. They were after the American Mafia for decades and now that Jax was somewhat vulnerable with me. The shipment was also missing. Could that have also been them.

The Milans from a Sicilian point of view have always been troubling no matter what. Their snarky comments powered with their impatience often leads them to be one of the worst ill-tempered gangs to exist. They start the fight and they can't end it. A lot like a sibling fight but on a much grander scale with murder and integrity disappearing within the moments completely. The big massacre happened between the Americans and Greeks. The Americans completely wiped out the Greeks and majority of them. Recently the ones who did survive the war came together and back together started the Milans once again. The rest is pretty much history as there back to cause chaos to the Americans. The sad fact was they stand a chance.

No one knew the bases around here. Jax doesn't trust anyone except his inner circle and me. There's got to be a snake around here somewhere. Someone who knew about the base but all of his members do. A member that clearly knew about the shipment. That's the rat.

Me. Felix. Angelo. Sloan.

That was Jax's circle. One of them betrayed him and secretly works on the side of the Milans. Rats were the worst part of a mafia. Those who had dared to be one wouldn't live a day if they were caught. You already know my first guest Angelo but that's me assuming because he had something out for me the moment, I walked in. That wasn't enough for me to guess. Him not liking me doesn't affect the trust he would have with Narc. They all seemed close as all of them considered each other to be family. Not enough reason to assume.

My hand was bleeding out so I quickly found my way to beneath a bar's counter and that was my place to get my weapons back together. The lights started flickering back on. I'm guessing that was a sign as the Milans time to cause chaos was now over but right now I was looking out for anyone. I saw a man chuckling at some of the dead bodies. I grabbed one of the guns and aimed at the man's head. His head blew off with his blood splattering everywhere.

There were four bodies around me slowly slipping into death's grasp. I started with the woman next to me with a bullet in her stomach and her knees.

"Hey, I need you to stay with me." I stated to her while looking for tweezers that I usually be here as emergency medical equipment in times like this.

"The first aid is there." She replied while weakly pointing at the bottom drawer at the bar cupboard. I ran there and took it out. I was shot on my right hand but thankfully I was trained to be able to write, stich, hold a gun with both hands so that there would be two dominant hands in times like these. I began stitching with some thread as fast as I possibly could.

"Thank.... thank you." She grunted.

"Thank me by helping me save the others."

She nodded silently as I had helped her get up and moved towards the other people around us. I took the man lying on his chest with a knife across his neck so close to closing his throat. Near to death. I quickly took it out and stitched him up as well.

"What should I do?" the woman looked panicked as well.

"Take out the bullet in his legs and start stitching."

She responded by taking the bullets out but both of her hands were shaky once she took the thread and tweezer ready to stich.

"Breath before you do it. Steady your hands." She did so and did the stitched perfectly well.

Just then Narc entered the room. He approached me and had his hands gripped around my waist so tightly as if he was scared to lose me but I'll proudly feel the same was as he does if the roles were reversed. He cupped my face and looked at my body with panic scrunched up all over his facial expression as well as body language. He looked at my hand and grabbed it. I winced as a reaction to the pain it had on me.

"We need you to get stitched up, Nem."

He sat me on one of the bartending stools and took my hand took the bullet out and stitched it up but my mind wasn't on my hand except it was on him. He looked so dedicated and focused on stitching me up as if there was nothing more important than me. Fuck, that erupted butterflies at the pit of my stomach.

Many would die to have a man like that around their fingers but hell I hated it. I simply hated the fact that I was this man's weak spot. People would use me to get to him and right now that was not the case but it would be. I was very much falling for him and the thought of it a couple of weeks ago would make me gag but now not so much.

"Done. I don't want you here. Go home."

"What? No! You don't get to walk away from me after that. I very much think tha- "

"Not like that. It's not safe here right now. Anything that happens to you will be on my hands as I let you be here. You'll get your answers as you deserve to but not here baby. Ok. Go home, Nem and stay safe."